BBD Writer Predictions: What a Bunch of Homers We Are

Here are our predictions. As you can tell we’re all a bunch of Yankee loving homers.

We’d love to hear from you. What do you think of our predictions? How about some of your own?

Here’s what we’ve got:

This entry was posted in Yankees News and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to BBD Writer Predictions: What a Bunch of Homers We Are

1. Stephen Crociata says:

Idk how come its not here but I had Soriano as my NL Comeback player and Wakamatsu and Macha as my MOYs

2. Thanks, I was just about to email you. I just updated it.

3. Dan Reiner says:

I laughed at how everyone has the same big-name MVP choices except for mine, and everyone has Heyward as NL ROY except for me.

Steve, interesting choice with Jennings for ROY by the way.

Oh yeah, I also laughed at three people having the Mets behind the Nationals in the East; it's funny that they can be considered that bad now after being a good team two years ago.

4. Eric Communiello says:

Great pick with Peavy Dan, I totally forgot about him when thinking about comeback players.

I think it's pretty cool that we only have full agreement on four teams going into the season. It really shows how crazy every baseball season is, and you've gotta love that about the sport.

5. Brandon says:

Brewers in the WS?

Btw, can someone explain to me the Rockies obsession? I just don't get it

• Stephen Crociata says:

The team you picked in the WS has Aubrey Huff as their cleanup hitter lol…I felt like going out on a limb can't see Phillie 3 peating so went wild lol

• Brandon says:

They also have DeRosa (not too good I know) Sandoval and Buster Posey. Look out for Buster Posey.

• Stephen Crociata says:

Posey, most likely, will see minimal time…if you make this same argument next season i'll probably be behind you but idk just yet…you may think I'm crazy but I think for them to make a run this season its 100% on Barry Zitos shoulders…if he can find success that gives them a BIG four…tough to beat…especially in the NL

• Brandon says:

Posey will be in MLB the second his payroll status or whatever is up, he'll be around for postseason

• Chris Barrows says:

I can't speak for everyone else, but I really like the make-up of Colorado this year. I think the NL West will be really interesting this year either way.

• Stephen Crociata says:

Ubaldo is awesome and Greg Smith will likely be much better in the NL then he was in the AL (even though his ERA was a very respectable 4.16)…as long as Francis comes back soon and healthy they should be just fine.

• Brandon says:

Francis being healthy is like Carl Pavano being healthy

You can't just assume Smith will be good and ready in the postseason or even the regular season

• Stephen Crociata says:

You can't underestimate the Rockies hitting though they are pretty strong top to bottom…if Giants pitching can carry them Rockies hitting can do the same

• Brandon says:

Pitching>Hitting in my opinion and the two won't play each other anyway if they both make playoffs.

6. smurfy says:

What a dogfight among the Yanks, Red Sox and Rays! We're so lucky we have the pitching quality. I'm looking for AJ to be the Big difference. We'll see tonite.

The only two surprises I can guess against your predictions are the White Sox and the Giants, both for their pitching.

• Chris Barrows says:

I agree with you on the potential for the Giants. It was actually hard not to include them higher in my predictions, b/c I think they'll be a great team.

• Stephen Crociata says:

It was difficult for me to not have the Sox higher but idk about the Giants as good as their pitching may end up that lineup just doesn't do it for me.

7. Two of your three picks were RIGHT ON…..the Twins and Yanks look like they're destined for another October matchup…….maybe this time in the ALCS…Detroit may not "go away" as they also have a strong Starting staff……but the Wild Card is destined once again to come out of the A.L. East….maybe the Tampa Bay "Not Going Away" Rays….

However…..the Mariners are already talking about "cutting their losses" and shopping Cliff Lee…..he could be the "missing piece" for the Twins as they would match up so much better against the Yankees if they landed him and they have NO SHORTAGE of Prospects to give up to the Mariners as they will need to Re-Build their Aging team!

• You are right, the Twins with Lee would be a sick team and they'd probably be able to overtake the Yankees for the first time in a long time.