Phil Hughes and Robinson Cano lead the Yankees to a 8-2 victory over the Indians. Here are some notes:
- Hughes (6-1, 2.70) started off the game by striking out 5 batters. His line: 7 IP, 2 ER, 8 K.
- Cano went 3-for-4 with a grand slam and a walk. His average: .351.
- 30-year-old Amaury Sanit (1-2, 8.69), who has been pitching for Triple-A Scranton, has been suspended 50 games for testing positive for PED’s.
- The boot came off Jorge Posada’s foot, but they still don’t have a timeline for his return.
- Alfredo Aceves got another epidural so far no surgery, they’re going to try rehab.
- Shelley Duncan is back in town and shared that he got his World Series ring in the mail and that it helps him fit in with his father and brother better.
- Five players from Single-A Tampa made the FSL All-Star team: C Mitch Abeita, OF Jack Rye, IF Corban Joseph, RHP Adam Warren, and RHP Hector Noesi.
Mitch Abeita is one of the nicest and honest guys I’ve had the pleasure of coming across in baseball, but I don’t understand how he made the All-Star team. Abeita’s OPS: .621. Pitchers must love working with him.