The Yankees have won their 8th game in a row, overcoming a poor performance from Javier Vazquez who was pulled in the 5th inning to beat the Blue Jays 7-5.
Here is a quick recap:
- Vazquez did not look as sharp as he had in his two previous bullpen appearances, only managing to hit 89 mph on the gun.
- Marcus Thames started in right field, the first time in a long time, in place of Nick Swisher who was a pregame scratch and came through with the game winning home run in the 7th inning.
- Brett Gardner stole his 40th base of the season.
- Boone Logan, Joba Chamberlain, Kerry Wood, and Mariano Rivera all pitched great coming out of the bullpen.
- Toronto’s Jose Bautista was ejected in the 7th inning after arguing balls and strikes.
- Robinson Cano‘s bat woke up a little, he had 2 hits and 2 RBI’s.
If you are impatient or a Javy-hater, this was a tough game to watch, but the Yankees battled back after an early deficit, got a clutch hit from Thames, and the bullpen shut the door.