Here are some highlights:
- The Yankees really made Texas starter C.J. Wilson work has he needed 76 pitches to get through 3 innings. He allowed 4 earned runs.
- The Yankees then scored 1 run off of reliever Matt Harrison in the 6th, but failed to score another run off a Texas reliever through 7 innings (9 relievers).
- Javier Vazquez was unimpressive to say the least, allowing 4 runs in 5 innings with just 1 strikeout.
- Joba Chamberlain got credited with a blown save for allowing a game tying 8th inning homer to Nelson Cruz.
- Chad Gaudin sucks and the Yankees probably would have been better off with Jonathan Albaladejo in the 13th inning. Gaudin surrendered a game winning home run to Cruz.
- The game featured an AL-record 19 pitchers, including Phil Hughes in relief.
- The Rangers’ first run probably shouldn’t have scored; Ian Kinsler stole second, but replays showed he was out. He eventually scored during the inning for Texas’ first run.
Alternate headline and image:
Yankees Blue Themselves