The Yankees got Alex Rodriguez back today, but his 2-for-5 day wasn’t enough to overcome Phil Hughes‘ poor start as the Yankees lost 7-3 to the Toronto Blue Jays to end their winning streak at eight games.
Here are some highlights:
- Hughes allowed 3 home runs for the second time this season (last time was July 4th also against Toronto).
- With an 0-for-4 day, Derek Jeter is now batting .154 over his last 20 games.
- Nick Swisher, day-to-day with a knee injury, pinch hit and went 0-for-1.
- Austin Kearns, day-to-day with a thumb injury, came in as a defensive replacement in the 9th inning.
- Don’t blame the bottom of the order for this one, Greg Golson and Ramiro Pena combined to go 3-for-6.
- Brett Cecil is now 3-0 with a 2.22 ERA in 4 starts against the Yankees this season.
The Rays also lost so they remain 2.5 games behind the Yankees. Up next are the Baltimore Orioles.