Here are some notes:
- Andy Pettitte was back in action last night as he pitched in a rehab game for the Double-A Trenton Thunder. His line: 4 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K. He only threw 51 pitches.
- Double-A reliever J.B. Cox was suspended by the Yankees after an altercation with manager Tony Franklin.
- Kevin Towers helped the Yankees acquire LHP Steve Garrison, but he might be leaving the organization soon as he is rumored to be the front runner for the GM job in Arizona.
- Not sure why this is news, but Derek Jeter has put his Manhattan apartment up for sale. The asking price: $20 million. Maybe he’s gearing up to leave New York? Just kidding. He’s still got a castle in Greenwood Lake, NY.
- Here are the pitching matchups for this weekend:
Pettitte pitched a little too well last night as he didn’t get enough work in. He pitched a little after the game just to throw as many pitches as he wanted, but there is a difference as he didn’t pitch in a game situation. This means that Pettitte will likely throw at least one more rehab start before joining the Yankees as GM Brian Cashman said he didn’t want him rehabbing at the major league level.