This one comes from John Sickels of SB Nation. This is a preliminary list that will ultimately be published in his 2011 Baseball Prospect Book.
Here is the list:
1) Jesus Montero, C, Grade A: No one will care much about the glove in five years.
2) Gary Sanchez, C, Grade B+: Could be Montero with a better glove.
3) Dellin Betances, RHP, Grade B+: Want to see a full year in the high minors but his recovery was very impressive.
4) Manny Banuelos, LHP, Grade B: Smooth as silk delivery with plus stuff, might bump him up to B+.
5) Hector Noesi, RHP, Grade B: Love the control+velocity combo.
6) Andrew Brackman, RHP, Grade B-: Made a lot of progress, could end up as a Grade B by book time.
7) Ivan Nova, RHP, Grade B-: Looks like a competent fourth starter to me.
8) Austin Romine, C, Grade B-: He’s a good prospect but I don’t see him as a future star.
9) Slade Heathcott, OF, Grade B-: I respect the tools enough to go with this grade, but he needs a lot of polish.
10) Adam Warren, RHP, Grade B-: One of several interesting pitchers who could be good fourth starters.
11) Graham Stoneburner, RHP, Grade B-: I don’t understand why this guy doesn’t get more attention. Good stuff, good performance.
12) David Phelps, RHP, Grade B-: Another strike-thrower who should be able to eat innings.
13) Eduardo Nunez, SS, Grade C+: Good speed, makes contact, but looks more like a utility guy to me than a regular.
14) Brandon Laird, 3B, Grade C+: I like the power, but discipline is sketchy and where does he fit?
15) David Adams, 2B, Grade C+: Can hit if healthy.
16) J.R. Murphy, C, Grade C+: More young catching depth but needs a lot of polish with the glove, bat should improve.
17) Corban Joseph, 2B, Grade C+: Another second base option with a nice bat.
18) Cito Culver, SS, Grade C+: I know the Yankees love him, and he has a high ceiling, but a long way off and lots of risk.
19) Brett Marshall, RHP, Grade C+: Tommy John survivor must be watched closely.
20) Jose A. Ramirez, RHP, Grade C+: Live arm with some breakthrough potential.
21) Angelo Gumbs, OF, Grade C+: Great tools, raw.
Looks like a great list of future Yankees, 12 B’s or better. It is interesting that he has Noesi rated higher than Brackman.
What do you think? Anybody rated too high? Too low? Any important names missed?