Pictures of Derek Jeter’s Tampa Mansion

It must be nice to be Derek Jeter. This is a guy who was just recently was locked in a bitter battle over his contract. I think he’s got a good deal of money.

Actually, it’s funny. This entire mansion cost Jeter $7.7 million and he is currently selling his Manhattan apartment for $20 million. Yeah, New York real estate is expensive and Tampa is just America’s wang.

This entry was posted in Picture Gallery and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Pictures of Derek Jeter’s Tampa Mansion

1. Pat says:

Might have to swing by this weekend and get a shot from the front.

2. Franco Kotos says:

looks antiseptic…

3. Kevin Ocala, Fl says:

I had read $32 million, but that was was few years ago when the project started. Maybe Jeter cut some corners, linoleum and some formica? ;)

4. Mike S. says:

Yeah, I think he can sell Minka on those digs, what do you think?

5. Joe says:

20 million for an apartment in NY and 7.7 million for a mansion in Tampa. That does not even account for the reduced property taxes!! Gotta love NY.

6. @Kevin, Jeter seems to really like stone houses. He has a place in Greenwood Lake, NJ that is all stone. It doesn't quite look like that though.

7. Kevin Ocala, Fl says:

I can understand the reason that the neighbors were upset w/ the house. Doesn’t fit Fl with that architecture, very strange looking hybrid..

8. Bronx Knight says:

Based on this photo, and also the price, it looks like it is just a very big house on a small waterfront plot. A mansion, but no estate.

Plus the house is kind of tacky looking, at least from the outside. But, let's face it, I'm just jealous; I wish I could buy a waterfront mansion that jealous people would call tacky.

Anyway, a Tampa domicile makes sense for Jeet: close to the Yankees headquarters, for what will probably be a lifelong relationship, plus he'll qualify for Florida income tax of $zero.

9. yo87 says:

7.7 mil is just what he paid for the land. Had to purchase two neighboring homes and combine the lots.