Yankees Michael Kay Married Yesterday with Photos

Michael Kay tied the knot yesterday with news anchor Jodi Applegate yesterday in front of an impressive group of guests.

In attendance were Paul O’Neill, David Cone, Tino Martinez, Darryl Strawberry, Joe Girardi, Hal Steinbrenner, Al Leiter, John Flaherty, anchorman Brian Williams, and actor Danny Aiello (his uncle). Bernie Williams was there too and even played his elevator music with the band. The officiant, Rudy Giuliani.

He is practically a cartoon character, but he has a long list of good friends and his new wife is beautiful. So there must be more to him than we get on TV. Congratulations to Kay.

michael-kay-wedding-rudy yankees

This entry was posted in Picture Gallery and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Yankees Michael Kay Married Yesterday with Photos

1. Hardcore Yankee Fan says:

Congrats to the bride and groom! I don't mean to sound crude here but that picture explains perfectly the wonderful benefits of being a celebrity in our society.

2. Joe says:

Congratulations to the bride and groom. No way does he do the "see ya" call at home.

3. Beanietown says:

Congratulations!

4. Juke Early says:

Being out of the NY Metro area for longer than I care to admit, I don't get this sniping at and dissing of Michael Kay. I'll skip my media limits in my present location to say, I can sometimes download a podcast. Or I hear him do a phoner on the ESPN Radio Network (Yeah, I am way limited). But before my current status, I knew Kay as a good newspaper Yankees beat reporter – and gradually a guy in the booth with Scooter. I liked Kay then & I do now, whenever I hear him.

I'm sure he'll have better luck with an Applegate girl than I had & I wish them both continued success.

5. Shmu says:

I wonder if Suzyn and Sterling were invited. Anyone know? If they were, Michael hopefully stuck them at a table near the kitchen. For sure Suze spent the whole day proclaiming, “Oh, my gaaawd, I can’t believe he’s mahrried”. Anyone know if she brought Rajah Clemens with her to the wedding? I would rather hear Michael and Jodi in the booth than Suzyn and John (& I’d certainly rather see Jodi on the TV than Suze)

6. Left Field says:

Jodi is a babe

7. Martyn Weir says:

The YES broadcasts, quarterbacked by Michael Kay, are the best non-national offerings in baseball.

8. smr4yankees says:

Congrats to the newlyweds!!! And regarding Michael Kay….he is the best! Actually all the Yankees announcers are great, and just love baseball – and never favor the Yankees which is commendable. They appreciate what they see on the field no matter which team accomplishes it.

9. Rocco D'Amelio says:

Congratulations Michael and Jodi! We all know about the silver and golf anniversaries, but I hope that you two get to celebrate what my lovely bride, Carolyn, will celebrate tomorrow, June 12th; our Mariano Rivera Anniversary- #42! Best wishes to you both from a former NJ kid now living in WI near Tony Kubek. Hope to see you in the Twin Cities in September.