The Yankees rich history extends far beyond the players worthy of Yankeeographies though. There are plenty of overlooked and good but not great stars that everyone should know about. So we’ve been trying to profile a few of the forgotten heroes who might not have played as big a role in the organization as Yogi Berra, but are a huge part of the team’s lore nonetheless.
So be sure not to miss our Classic Yankees series that has profiled lots of these great players:
- Earle Combs (1924-1935)
- Lefty Gomez (1930-1942)
- Red Ruffing (1930-1942, 1945-1946)
- Frank Crosetti (1932-1948)
- Charlie Keller (1939-1949, 1952)
- Bobby Brown (1946-1952, 1954)
- Jerry Coleman (1949-1957)
- Moose Skowron (1954-1962)
- Paul Blair (1977-1979, 1980)
- Jimmy Key (1993-1996)
Mike Sommer from The Sommer Frieze has done a great job with these and he has plenty more coming. So be sure to read up on these players and watch out for more in the future.