Had a busy weekend thanks at least in part to Hurricane Irene, or Tropical Storm Irene, so I thought I would put up a quick post today to try to catch us up on everything that happened over the weekend.
- The Yankees were scheduled to play 5 games over the weekend and actually played 3, dropping 2 of 3 to the Orioles.
- The other two games are going to be made up, the first today and the second will be played on September 8.
- There was a fight over the schedule this weekend as the Yankees wanted to play a double header on Friday. Instead now they lose an off-day on Monday and another one in two weeks.
- Orioles manager Buck Showalter was upset (when is he not?) that the Yankees complained about the scheduling. He said they were being insensitive to the recent loss of Mike Flanigan, realistically they probably just didn’t want to lose the money from an extra home game against the Yankees.
- A.J. Burnett sucks, Ivan Nova is good, and Bartolo Colon is unlucky.
- Curtis Granderson is unbelievable. Can you believe some Yankees fans didn’t like that trade? He leads the MLB in homers with 38.
- The Yankees will get a boost today as Freddy Garcia comes off the disabled list to pitch tonight.
- Derek Jeter will be out of tonight’s game with a bruised knee. He is questionable for the Red Sox series.
I’m sure there was more stuff that I might have missed. We can discuss that in the comments section or if it is big enough and I remember I’ll make another post or two for it. Either way I’ll have more articles up today after this one so check back later.