If you missed it, after 17 years, seven pennants, and five World Series championships Jorge Posada announced his retirement from baseball on Tuesday morning.
Here are some links to quotes and news items surrounding the presser:
- Our own Mike Sommer wrote up a Classic Yankee for Jorge.
- Our own Brian Burkhart (welcome back!) discussed his Hall of Fame chances.
- 19 players, coaches, friends commented on Posada’s career via Chad Jennings.
- Hal said his dad George Steinbrenner would have been proud via ESPN NY.
- Brian Cashman said he thinks Jorge will eventually work for the Yankees again, ESPN NY again.
- Jorge called 2011 a tough demotion, but said he doesn’t have issues with Joe Girardi, ESPN NY.
- Jorge and Cash both said that he wasn’t re-considered after the Montero trade, MLB.com.
I’m going to finish up by posting a couple of pictures (mostly because Laura Posada is hot).