If the Yankees are serious about adding another starter this offseason and they don’t have the will to deal prospects for Matt Garza, Edwin Jackson could be the next most likely option. Let’s take a look at the latest.
- The Yankees like Jackson, but they don’t like his asking price, via Ken Rosenthal.
- Depending on who you listen to, Jackson is looking for a five-year deal worth $12-$15 million per season.
- Hal Steinbrenner would have to OK a budget increase if they added any starters, via Joel Sherman.
- The Yankees are weary of giving Jackson a big multi-year deal, via Sherman.
- The Yankees may end up saving their money to go after Matt Cain and Cole Hamels, who are both free agents next offseason, via Tyler Kepner.
- The Yankees dance with E-Jax and his agent, Scott Boras, is similar to their dance with Rafael Soriano last year, via Joe Pawlikowski.