It’s been a slow news week so far this week. I’m going to start getting into prospects soon to liven things up. First I thought I would pass along some non-baseball news that I am not terribly interested in, but have been getting emails asking me about them.
CASHMAN IN HOT WATER:
- It all started when a woman whom Brian Cashman may have been seeing on the side, was arrested for stalking (link).
- Cashman’s wife then filed for a divorce (link).
- Cashman has been playing the victim, but the woman involved said he’s lying (link).
- This thing has already gotten ugly, but Cashman’s job may not be in jeopardy as the Yankees are supporting him 100 percent (link).
CONCERTS AT THE STADIUM
- Roger Waters of Pink Floyd was scheduled for one concert at Yankee Stadium on July 6. He added a second show on July 7 as well (link).
- Madonna will also perform at Yankee Stadium this summer on Sept. 6 (link).
COLOGNE AND PERFUME
- Derek Jeter has his cologne, “Driven”, and now the Yankees have a cologne of their own. They will unveil “New York Yankees” and “New York Yankees for Her” on Feb. 21 (link).