- Curtis Granderson will undergo an MRI exam for a sore right elbow that forced him out of the lineup on Tuesday (NY Post).
- Nick Swisher, who has been dealing with a sore right groin, will play in a minor league game where he can hit but won’t run or play in the field on Wednesday (NY Post).
- Derek Jeter returned to action on Friday and seems to have made a full recovery from his calf injury.
- David Robertson also appears to have gotten over his foot injury as he pitched in his second game on Tuesday since he returned.
- Alex Rodriguez took a 95 mph fastball to the ribs on Sunday, but he was fine and didn’t even need treatment (MLB.com).
Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
What we’re talking about
- yank in rebel land on Mark Teixeira acknowledges his wrist will never be the same
- Mike Sommer on Yankees place Cervelli on DL, call up Murphy & Sizemore
- Michael R on Yankees place Cervelli on DL, call up Murphy & Sizemore
- vitamincserum.co on Andy Pettitte will pitch for Team USA in the WBC
- Body Aches on Prospect Profile: Dietrich Enns
- Dave Guarnieri on Mark Teixeira acknowledges his wrist will never be the same
Support BBD & buy Yankees tickets
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
Ask us a question
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfredo Aceves Andruw Jones Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Boone Logan Brett Gardner Brian Cashman CC Sabathia Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Eric Chavez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Gary Sanchez Hiroki Kuroda Ichiro Suzuki Ivan Nova Jacoby Ellsbury Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Masahiro Tanaka Michael Pineda New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Raul Ibanez Robinson Cano Russell Martin