Injury news: MRI for Granderson, MiLB rehab for Swisher
It’s getting closer to the start of the season so injuries loom a bit larger than they have so far. Here is the latest:
- Curtis Granderson will undergo an MRI exam for a sore right elbow that forced him out of the lineup on Tuesday (NY Post).
- Nick Swisher, who has been dealing with a sore right groin, will play in a minor league game where he can hit but won’t run or play in the field on Wednesday (NY Post).
- Derek Jeter returned to action on Friday and seems to have made a full recovery from his calf injury.
- David Robertson also appears to have gotten over his foot injury as he pitched in his second game on Tuesday since he returned.
- Alex Rodriguez took a 95 mph fastball to the ribs on Sunday, but he was fine and didn’t even need treatment (MLB.com).