- Curtis Granderson will undergo an MRI exam for a sore right elbow that forced him out of the lineup on Tuesday (NY Post).
- Nick Swisher, who has been dealing with a sore right groin, will play in a minor league game where he can hit but won’t run or play in the field on Wednesday (NY Post).
- Derek Jeter returned to action on Friday and seems to have made a full recovery from his calf injury.
- David Robertson also appears to have gotten over his foot injury as he pitched in his second game on Tuesday since he returned.
- Alex Rodriguez took a 95 mph fastball to the ribs on Sunday, but he was fine and didn’t even need treatment (MLB.com).
Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
What we’re talking about
- Rob Abruzzese on Girardi sticks with the same lineup for three days straight
- Michael R on Girardi sticks with the same lineup for three days straight
- olie on Injuries keep piling up for Mark Teixeira
- Gene on Injuries keep piling up for Mark Teixeira
- Rob Abruzzese on Injuries keep piling up for Mark Teixeira
- Sam on Injuries keep piling up for Mark Teixeira
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfonso Soriano Alfredo Aceves Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Brian McCann Carlos Beltran CC Sabathia Chase Whitley Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hiroki Kuroda Ichiro Suzuki Ivan Nova Jacoby Ellsbury Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Masahiro Tanaka Michael Pineda New York Yankees Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Robinson Cano Russell Martin Shawn Kelley Vidal Nuno