Yankees 2012 11th round draft pick: Caleb Frare

With their 11th pick (367th overall) of the 2012 MLB amateur draft, the Yankees selected Caleb Frare, a 6-foot-1, 195-pound left handed pitcher out of Custer County High School in Montana.

An interesting pick here as he is said to be a raw lefty with projectability. He’s not even ranked in Baseball America’s top 500 amateur players and Montana doesn’t even have high school baseball so he had to find fall and spring club teams to play on. His fastball is said to be in the low 90′s, a 2-to-8 curveball, and developing changeup.

Pitching for the Outlaw Baseball Club, Frare had a 9-3 record with a 1.55 ERA and 103 strikeouts in 77 innings. He has signed a letter of intent with the University of Utah.

This entry was posted in 2012 MLB Draft and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Yankees 2012 11th round draft pick: Caleb Frare

1. Kelly Walker says:

NICE JOB CALEB! GLAD TO SEE ALL THE HARD WORK HAS PAID OFF.HOPE TO SEE YOU OUT THERE ON THE MOUND IN THE BIG SHOW SOMEDAY. I AM SURE I AM SPEAKING FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE HERE IN MILES CITY MONTANA WHEN I SAY CONGRATULATIONS!

2. joe ferris says:

way to go caleb not a big yankee fan but if a home town boy is playing for them i will be rooting for them congrats

3. xina says:

Mitch and Julie you must be so proud…I see the light all the way to my house! Congratulations Caleb, make Miles City proud and reach for the stars!

4. Linda C. Nybakken says:

Great work Caleb…& Mitch & Julie. Congratulations…keep up the good work.

5. Lisa Dighans says:

SOOOOOOO happy for you Caleb!! So glad you 'picked' a team with decent colors:)

6. Coach says:

Caleb, my wife and I met you today coming out of
    your therapy session. I'm associated with the Beef O''
    Brady's on MacDill and Bay to Bay and a big Yankee fan.
    If you'd like to have lunch some day, drop me a line.
    Coach Jim Reese ([email protected])