Games begin Saturday. David Phelps starts. Adam Warren goes on Sunday during the first televised game.
• Phil Hughes could miss up to a week with upper back stiffness.
• Hal Steinbrenner said the Yankees are “willing to consider a significant long-term contract” to keep Robinson Cano.
• Alex Rodriguez‘s name has been referenced yet again in Biogenesis papers.
• Mark Teixeira will leave to join Team USA on March 3, Cano will join Team Dominican Republic March 2nd.
• If Eduardo Nunez is going to make the team, he’s going to have to earn it says Girardi.
• Yankees had four players in Baseball America’s Best 100 Prospects list: Mason Williams (32), Gary Sanchez (57), Slade Heathcott (63), and Tyler Austin (77).
Phil Hughes’ back is starting to scare me.