The Yankees game is in danger of being rained out Monday night. Here is a quick update of the news that happened over the weekend.
• Michael Pineda could begin a rehab assignment this week if his extended Spring Training start on Monday goes well. Once he starts rehab, the Yankees will have 30-days to activate him or option him to the minors.
• Yankees manager Joe Girardi will be a free agent this offseason, but the Yankees want him back. “We have a great interest in keeping him, and hopefully Joe will be here. … I think there’s really no reason to believe Joe won’t be here,” Brian Cashman said.
• Chris Stewart left the game on Saturday with dehydration and then went to the hospital on Sunday with the same condition. He’s technically available on Monday, but will go to the hospital before the game just to be sure.
• Lyle Overbay will be in right field for the Yankees on Monday against the Indians.
• Pettitte threw just one bullpen prior to Monday’s start at the orders of the Yankees and he didn’t sound too happy about it.