I’ve been gone from the site for nearly a week. I collected all of the news that I missed while I was gone in the post about Derek Jeter. I wanted to put all the Alex Rodriguez news in one spot though so here it is.
• Alex Rodriguez has played in 12 rehab games. He’s hit .222/.275/.417 in 36 at bats including two home runs. He has played back-to-back games with Triple-A Scranton this week where he went 3-for-8 with a home run.
• Alex Rodriguez was on WFAN on Wednesday and said that he expects to be back with the Yankees when they take the field against the Texas Rangers on Monday. He also said that he has not discussed the possibility of a plea agreement with MLB on a possible suspension.
• Yankees president Randy Levine agrees that A-Rod will be back on Monday. So A-Rod will be back on Monday.
• This is after a Daily News report that said A-Rod was shaken following a meeting with MLB last Friday where they discussed a plea deal that would land him a 150-game suspension rather than a lifetime ban. In addition to A-Rod denying it later on, his representatives immediately denied it.
A-Rod met with MLB to talk about Biogenesis last Friday. He apparently didn’t show up to his rehab assignment afterward, but it was rained out anyway.
• The MLBPA head Michael Weiner addressed the media on Tuesday and said that under the “just cause” powers of the Join Drug Agreement, penalties facing Biogenesis players are not ruled by the 50-game, 100-game, and lifetime ban specifications. That is not a good sign for A-Rod.
Photo credit: Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images North America.