So as you all know, tonight is the final bobblehead in the Yankees four bobblehead collection series, and of course it’s the greatest closer of all time–Mariano Rivera. However, the Yankees had a slight misstep in their promotion: the Mariano Rivera bobbleheads weren’t at the stadium when it was time to hand them out to the fans. The Yankees had to think of a quick idea in the meantime in hopes that they wouldn’t disappoint the fans. This was their idea: vouchers. Here was the official announcement by the Yankees (via the Yankees video board):
“The first 18,000 guests in attendance are receiving a voucher for a Mariano Rivera Bobblehead.
We will provide additional information on how to redeem your voucher during tonight’s game.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.”
So, is it time to play “Where In The World Are The Mariano Rivera Bobbleheads”, because I think that would be nice if everyone had an answer.
Update: As of 6:55 p.m., the Mariano Rivera bobbleheads were enroute to Yankee Stadium.
NOTES & NEWS:
– Let’s move on to CC Sabathia who is shut down for the remainder of the season due to a Grade 2 hamstring pull. Sabathia vows that he will return to his ace form in 2014 and has started looking at tape of the opposing players, something he hasn’t done before in his career.
– Anyone remember Brett Gardner, that fiery lead-off hitter we had before he was shut down with an oblique strain? He did some running in the outfield today to test his oblique.
– Okay, back to news about Mariano Rivera: when he went home on Sunday night, he realized that there was someone he didn’t thank in his speech during his retirement ceremony: the media. He thanked them earlier this afternoon.
– With Sabathia out of the rotation, the Yankees have slated Phil Hughes to start tomorrow night and Ivan Nova to start on Thursday. Andy Pettitte will start Friday, which looks to be the final start of his career.
– There are only a couple of games left, but you can always buy Yankees tickets through us even when they’re on the road.
Photo credit: (July 27, 2013 – Source: Jim McIsaac/Getty Images North America