Source: Chris Stewart drawing trade interest

Chris Stewart

Monday is the final day that teams have the opportunity to tender contracts. Chris Stewart of the Yankees shouldn’t expect to get one.

According to Chris Cotillo of the MLB Daily Dish, the Yankees are discussing the possibility of trading Stewart since he is gaining interest in the trade market. The Yankees are also attempting to avoid arbitration with him. They are hoping that they could get something done by the end of the weekend but the Yankees will certaintly do one of two things by the time Monday comes:

1) Stewart will be traded to another team

2) He’ll be non-tendered and become a free agent.

Well Chris Stewart, we hardly knew ye.

This entry was posted in Yankees News and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Source: Chris Stewart drawing trade interest

1. Billy Jean says:

Thanks for reporting something everyone knew. Miss obvious are we? Thanks for wasting 5 mins of my life with this article.

2. gcorcoran says:

There's also a third option. Make a deal and re-sign him then trade him.

3. Tanned Tom says:

Or a 4th option, sign him and keep him.
    But really, trade him AND Cervelli and turn the page. Go with the kids as backups.

• gcorcoran says:

I like this plan. At this point Cervelli's upside is limited without permormance enhancers. I'm sure we could get a decent reliever for either of them at this point. Even if you trade both of them you still have both Romine and Murphy as depth.Catching depth can disappear fast though so it's still a risky proposition.

• tom says:

Or a 5th option. quit and take a coaching job for Girardi.

4. Mark says:

Who cares? Are you guts really making a big desk over a Back Up Catcher? God you guys are losers. The Yankees just signed a 7 time all star and she writes sh article on Chris Stewart? You people are dumb.

• gcorcoran says:

It still has an effect on what the team will be able to accomplish in 2014. If you think Chris Stewart is not worthy of an article then you probably should have just stopped at the title instead of wasting your time reading a whole article on him and then subsequently spending even more time to write a rude comment.

Really you just made yourself look a lot dumber than the people you are insulting.

5. Ardian says:

yes Chris Stewart showed no effort in 2013 I think you should let Stewart go with qnother team !!

6. @Jim_Catfish says:

Thank you so much Delia, for such a nice article. Don't pay any attention to these yahoo's. They are just pissed of because they haven't seen a-bod in the news for a couple of days.

7. JayB says:

I mean this kind of a waste of an article though. I came here expecting new news and all this is something that got reported early in the day Friday.

Plus the Yankees just sign a top 3 free agent and a 7 time all star catcher and there's an article on Chris Stewart? Really? She might as well talk about Chris Stewart the Hockey Player. Because he has a better chance of being a Yankee then the Catcher does.

So Thank You for waistline my time.

Maybe this season you should spend less listening to the games with John and Susan and more time watching them in person or on TV and maybe be a little less clueless than you were last season? Just an idea.

You're Welcome

8. Bronx Bomber. 22 says:

Sooooooooo Mark and JayB are you clowns secret Sox fans? You spell and talk just like that bozo fan base. Enjoy the info or start your own blog.

• gcorcoran says:

Definite troll situation. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's just the same person posting over and over again from different names. You would think if it was three different people at least one of them would be able to write with proper grammar.

9. Clueless Joe says:

Talking about a back up Catcher? What's next? Who the bat boys are going to be in 2014? The more Yankee fans I see on social media the more I realize how stupid you us look.

• Tanned Tom says:

I think you're doing a pretty fair job or making yourself look stupid without any help from anyone else.

10. Michael R says:

I can't understand why anyone would consider articles about players, whether starters, bench players, or minor league players wasted space. This a Yankee website and if we follow and support this team why in the world would we object to more information about the club?
    I think you're doing a good job Delia, keep it up.

11. mlblogsnewyorkyankees13 says:

So for those who think Chris Stewart is not "worthy" of an article:

This is a YANKEES blog and the last time I checked in 2013, Chris Stewart was on the YANKEES. He was still one of the 40 men on the roster. If news comes out about anybody whether it be Robinson Cano, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte, Brett Gardner, Ichiro or maybe the little guys on the bench like Jayson Nix, Chris Stewart, Austin Romine, etc, I have to report it.

And for the commenter that said that I should stop listening to "John and Susan", you misspelled Suzyn and maybe you don't know I do watch the games AND listen to them on the radio. I like John & Suzyn and a lot of other people do as well.