The Yankees have non-tendered three players tonight: Jayson Nix, Matt Daley and David Adams. Jayson Nix and Matt Daley weren’t much of a shock. The Yankees recently signed Brendan Ryan so Nix was pushed out of the picture while Daley didn’t have much of a chance to stick on the roster. I was expecting the Yankees to eventually DFA Adams to free up a 40-man roster spot. Instead Adams was non-tendered. It’s not much of a big deal but it still was an interesting move.
Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
What we’re talking about
- Robert Rufa on Phelps role up in the air as he progresses
- tom on What would ‘The Boss’ think of the 2014 Yankees?
- Robert Rufa on Catastrophic ninth sends Yankees to 7-4 loss vs. Astros
- Martin L on What would ‘The Boss’ think of the 2014 Yankees?
- mlblogsnewyorkyankees13 on Yankees enter series against Astros with Wild Card in their sights
- Robert Rufa on Gardner hopes it’s not too little, too late as Yanks fight for playoff spot
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfonso Soriano Alfredo Aceves Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Brian McCann Carlos Beltran CC Sabathia Chase Whitley Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hiroki Kuroda Ichiro Suzuki Ivan Nova Jacoby Ellsbury Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Masahiro Tanaka Michael Pineda New York Yankees Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Robinson Cano Russell Martin Shawn Kelley Vidal Nuno