Jacoby Ellsbury experiences different rivalry view as Red Sox come to town

Jacoby Ellsbury 8

Last season, Jacoby Ellsbury was on the Boston Red Sox, a team with a heated rivalry against the New York Yankees. This season, Ellsbury is on the other side of the rivalry, donning pinstripes as the Red Sox come into town for four games against the Bronx Bombers. Ellsbury’s excited, but he remembers that there’s still a game to play when all is said and done.

“I’m looking forward to it, but it’s just really another game,” Ellsbury said. “But I’m definitely looking forward to it. I try not to get into an emotional roller coaster. That’s just each and every game. A good amount of time, a good portion of my life I spent with that organization. I gave them everything I had. I left it all on the field.”

Ellsbury doesn’t have to worry about what the Red Sox fans think of him–that won’t be until the Yankees head to Fenway, but he’s not quite sure what it’s like to be on the other side, especially since he’s been with the Red Sox since he was a first round draft pick in 2005. Ellsbury would later go on to win 2 World Series rings with the Red Sox; one in 2007 and the other in 2013.

“You can think about it,” Ellsbury said, “but until it happens, you don’t know how it’s going to feel.”

“I think it’ll be interesting for him.” Joe Girardi said on the situation, “My thought process is, it’ll be a little bit more interesting when we go there.”

This entry was posted in Yankees News and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Jacoby Ellsbury experiences different rivalry view as Red Sox come to town

1. chris hauck says:

I am so happy that Jacoby Ellsbury is a Yankee now He is a great player and I know that the Yankees are so happy to have him I think that he will contribute a lot to the team

2. chris hauck says:

I think it was a great move by the Yankees to get Ellsbury he is an outstanding player he has a lot of power and determination I was so happy when I found out that the Yankees got Jacoby Ellsbury I also think that it's cool that he lived on a reservation I wish him all of the luck in the world go out there and do what you do because I think that you are great

3. chris hauck says:

wow Ichiro's catch was unbelievable the Yankees have a great player there they better not lose him I also think it was great that Beltran was able to cover 1st base the credit all goes to Girardi he knew what he had to do great job I think it was awesome that the Yankees won the series against the Sox

4. chrishauck says:

Nova pitched a great game yesterday I think he got his confidence back keep pitching the way you did on Sunday because the Yankees really need you way to go Ivan Nova

5. chris hauck says:

hey I hope that the Yankees win the World Series this year hey what's up with all of the injuries? the Yankees had to deal with so many injuries last year I hope they don't have to deal with too many injuries this year I think that it's great that the Yankees got Tanaka, Beltran, Ellsbury and McCann these players will definitely help this team win some games way to go Joe Girardi

6. chris hauck says:

Shawn Kelly and Adam Warren are 2 big assets for the New York Yankees it's always amazing to me that both of them get the necessary outs to win the games thank God for these two players I am really enjoying the Yankees now because I know they have a chance to win the ball game now