Yankees acquire LHP Josh Outman

Josh+Outman+Cleveland+Indians+v+Kansas+City+2eSi2jskBGal

The one night I thought the Yankees wouldn’t make a deal, the Yankees go ahead and make a deal for another lefty in the pen. Here’s the story:

The New York Yankees have acquired LHP Josh Outman from the Cleveland Indians for a player to be named later.

In 31 games for the Indians, Outman is 4-0 with a 3.28 ERA. He’s spent six Major League Seasons with the Oakland Athletics, Colorado Rockies and the Cleveland Indians, and is 16-11 with a 4.49 ERA in 152 games and 32 starts.

This entry was posted in Transactions, Yankees News and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Yankees acquire LHP Josh Outman

1. John says:

Great another mediocre guy, let's go to the farm to see if we have some young inexpensive players and stop buying guys like mccan't tex and aroid.

• tom says:

I would be more pissed off if Yankees traded Pirela, Refsnyder or Murphy away for an expensive bum(s).

2. Celerino says:

I guess when you're cleanup hitter is a guy who thinks its just fine to hit .230, all you can do is recycle lefty relievers.

3. tom says:

So Jacob Lindgren is not ready for big job. Boo!

Girardi has been comfortable with Prado at 2B so Refsnyder and Pirela could be out of picture. I am disappointed because I wanted Prado to play SS with Pirela at 2B. Oh well..

• Celerino says:

Prado is a 30 year old who has played 16 games at short in his career. Prado will probably be the thirdbaseman after the A-Rod comeback fails. Pirela used to be a shortstop but from his fielding stats it looks like he's not much of a fielder at any position.

4. tom says:

Oh man!… Gary Sanchez better not be in the similar path.

5. Balt Yank says:

That's hilarious. (Link above). I would love to make AROD play double A for the next three years and have him ride a bus to games to earn $20 million. Hey, I'd do it, and can't hit minor pitching at all.

6. Not every move has to be a blockbuster trade for an all-star. Josh Outman is better than Rich Hill. The Yankees can make the switch at a negligible cost. So why wouldn't you make the move?