Yankees acquire Dustin Ackley for Ramon Flores and Jose Ramirez

Dustin+Ackley+Seattle+Mariners+v+Cleveland+NgAT5n5xtY8l

It’s not a David Price or Johnny Cueto move, but the Yankees have finally made a trade a day before the trade deadline.

Jack Curry of the YES Network is reporting the Yankees have traded OF Ramon Flores and RHP Jose Ramirez to the Seattle Mariners in exchange for INF/OF Dustin Ackley. Ackley could be viewed as infield insurance for Stephen Drew and outfield insurance to back-up Jacoby Ellsbury, Brett Gardner, Carlos Beltran and Garrett Jones.

Ackley is hitting .215/.270/.366 in 85 games with the Seattle Mariners.

Flores was made expendable due to the surplus of outfielders in Triple-A, but he was hitting .286/.377/.417 in 73 games with the Scranton Wilkes-Barre RailRiders.

In 32 games with the Scranton Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, Ramirez was 3-0 with a 2.90 ERA and a 1.268 WHIP.

This entry was posted in Transactions and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Yankees acquire Dustin Ackley for Ramon Flores and Jose Ramirez

1. Rudy k. says:

Cashman gets. Another. Bum. Again.

• eddie says:

You know nothing about nothing.

• Rudy k. says:

Mr Eddie sir. I watch him on. Tv. He stinks have you seen him play .give me your opinion on this bum.

• Celerino says:

I read a thousand posts on this blog about how bad the trades for Gregorio's and eovaldi were. At this point, I'll trust cashman.

2. Scooter10 says:

I don't see where Ackley is an upgrade over Drew. Does Cashman know something that everyone else doesn't? Still hoping to see a deal in the works for Tyson Ross and Craig Kimbrel.

• hotdog says:

Ackley's been playing more outfield the past couple years…so we give up two AAA prospects for a .216 rental utility man…that's not the trick up Cashman's sleeve I was hoping for but who knows, maybe Ackley comes alive, maybe it creates some opportunities, I just can't see it…

3. allen says:

Great now we have 3 second baseman who can't hit on the roster

• Terry says:

I was thinking pretty much the same thing and got a chuckle out of that one.Let's see,KC got Cueto and Ben Z,Toronto got Tulo and Price,we got Ackley.I totally see it now

• joey says:

They're in 1st by 6 games. They have a surplus of starters. Oh, I forgot, you're a total idiot.

4. Miguel says:

what a joke and a disgrace, The boss has to going crazy with this pathetic move, Hal and Hank are so dam cheap it's an embarrassment just sell the team if ur only in for the money and not trying to build a championship team.

5. jimmy1982 says:

Incredible news! The jays acquire tulowitzki and price and we counter with yet another second baseman who can't hit a beach ball with a boat paddle. this is me not caring.

6. miguel says:

I wouldn't have even given Flores straight up for Hacley he's a bum. Never mind giving them Ramirez too, the most Acley is worth is maybe a bucket of balls.

7. Darrell Farrell says:

Take it easy on Cash. We're in first place, six games up. Stop bitching and enjoy being at the top.

8. miguel says:

Stop bitching I guess ur one of those fans who just enjoys making the playoffs and not winning it all, there's like 60 games left and Toronto and other teams got better and u wanna say stop the bitching, screw u I want to win and we just lost another pitcher today so what is Acley going to pitch for us… Lol what a joke where is Hacley going to play maybe selling hotdogs in the stand.

9. Steve says:

To the guy who said we have a 6 game lead it won't be that for long my friend believe me not with these nut moves and jelly belly on the mound tonight !!

10. Your kiddin me says:

It's no wonder Cashman is the butt of jokes among GM's

11. Nkro says:

God…..it's obvious teams wanted one or more of the top Yankee prospects……they said no……..and now we will see severino…….AND PRICE COULD COME VIA FREE AGENCY…….ideal? No….but sometimes it's the trade you DONT make

• hotdog says:

well if Ackely is the trade we could make, the best possible acquisition for the Yankees on the market, then that's pitiful…getting Price or Cueto etc., would have been costly but we didn't need them…a guy like Mike Leake would do and we would not have to give up any key prospects…i think Cashman is a little gun shy about trades…he's better off with an open checkbook…

• WyomingGrizFan says:

I just wonder what it would take to acquire Chris Sale from the CWS? A left-hander, if not mistaken. Be interesting to see him in pinstripes.

12. Bob says:

Stupid trade – traded just to trade

13. Otto says:

I agree to do not understand this trade. I agree then could get price and one other pitcher in via free agency in the off season without dealing any prospects. They will make a deal before the deadline. They will panic. I would seriously look to move Pineda if they sign two free agents in the off season. If he does not have any damage he could bring back something good in return. They will have a new core four soon. I am glad they did not give up the farm.

• hotdog says:

Pineda should be considered a back of the rotation starter with an injury history…he would fetch something but not a lot…

14. Balt Yank says:

traded just to trade, well said. Really, a waste of a roster space. Who is demoted, a needed bullpen arm? Garret Jones let go? Well, Drew is hitting 199 now. This bought. 0.017!!!! It's funny but Rob Ref is a RF/2B. By all accounts, he was a good college RF. Seems like Cashman is trying very hard to bury Ref behind Dustin Ash-hole, Drew, and Ryan.

• hotdog says:

i think we're going to hate the guy but he is versatile, a good clubhouse presence and hits from the left side…he's got a shot, a former #2 pick in the draft…maybe he'll want to help the team enough that he starts hitting again but where do you put him…

15. WyomingGrizFan says:

A player like Dustin Ackley could really blossom in Yankee Stadium. A left handed hitter that plays various positions. Doesn't bother me in the least.

16. tom says:

If Yankees think Ackley could do better than he has been in majors then I can see Yankees cut ties with Drew. Dumping Jones or Ryan for him is blatantly moronic. Drew likely maxes out his skill set in statistic now so there is no reason to wait and see whether or not he will be much better in 2nd half. Buy! Buy! Buy!

17. Mark says:

BRING BACK JERRY HAIRSTON JR!

18. write essay says:

wow what a awesome game and i have to play so many times rather before enrolling your child in any boarding school whether near or far, it is good that you consider both the advantages and the drawbacks. Remember enrolling them in boarding schools means that they spend more time away from a home environment. All these and other have their own impacts at whatever level.

Comments are closed.