Dustin Ackley placed on 15-day DL with lumbar strain

Dustin+Ackley+Kansas+City+Royals+v+Seattle+lumwecULBN3l

So apparently even if you’re sitting on a bench and not getting playing time, you can still somehow end up on the DL.

According to Meredith Marakovits of the YES Network, Dustin Ackley has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a right lumbar (lower back) strain. As a corresponding move, the Yankees have called up Caleb Cotham from Triple-A Scranton Wilkes-Barre.

Ackley was acquired on July 30th from the Seattle Mariners in exchange for Ramon Flores and Jose Ramirez. The acquisition of Ackley led to the Yankees designating Garrett Jones for assignment.

This entry was posted in Yankees Injury News and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Dustin Ackley placed on 15-day DL with lumbar strain

1. hotdog says:

If Garrett Jones clears waivers, we could put him back on the team…not sure what Ackley's timetable is…

• tom says:

It would require 40 man move..

Sitting too much may be hazardous to baseball player, I reckon. lol.

• hotdog says:

it would be interesting to see Bird get a little taste of the bigs…he's better off getting regular playing time at AAA but maybe for a week to 10 days if needed…with Tex at first through 2016, I don't see how Bird gets his chance beforehand…not even sure if the Yankees would promote him if Tex was injured…Bird looks like he'll have to wait until 2017 or be traded beforehand and that wouldn't surprise me as he may never be a regular with modest defense and no other position to play him…

• tom says:

Since the forgotten prospect Tyler Austin has hit as of late Yankees may not add either Judge nor Bird to the roster.

However, I can see Bird being added to the active roster in the midst of September if anything goes wrong. Yankees will be required to add Bird to the reserve list after this winter, anyway.

2. Michael R says:

Nice pick-up Cash.

3. Balt Yank says:

He's probably more useful to us on the DL as a super super sub.

4. scooter10 says:

If Garrett Jones passes through waivers, I think you will see him back. If he elects free agency, I think he gives up the rest of his salary. I would be fine with adding him back to the mix. Good pop. Can play 1B and OF. Great clubhouse guy.

• tom says:

From my understanding, Jones had never been DFAed until last Friday. If it is true then Yankees can place him to AAA no matter what.

Comments are closed.