Nathan Eovaldi leaves start with elbow discomfort

Nathan+Eovaldi+New+York+Yankees+v+Baltimore+xx3a8ucnvWtl

After 12 pitches and one inning, the Yankees pulled Nathan Eovaldi from his start against the Boston Red Sox.

It was later revealed during the game Eovaldi left the game with right elbow discomfort and he was sent back to NYC for further testing.

The Yankees decided to use the bullpen, starting with Chasen Shreve in the second inning.

This entry was posted in Yankees News and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Nathan Eovaldi leaves start with elbow discomfort

1. Dan M says:

I'm just gonna say it for everybody, so hear it goes….DAMN!!!!!!!!! That's definitely one of the last things I wanted to hear as far as Yankee pitchers go. I'm really hoping that I don't hear anything about Eovaldi going to see a certain doctor who's known for his work with pitchers and elbows. I'm not going to say the doctors name because saying "his" name in the game of baseball is like saying Voldemort in Harry Potter.

• Jerry says:

All I know is the first name rhymes with salami, not the doctors name,but who it's named after. And he's had it before.

2. tom says:

This game is definitely the WEIRDEST game.

Oritz may get Teixeira messed up.

Sanchez dotted 4 hits. Nice.

Now there is my prediction:

*Eovaldi hit 15 Day DL.

*Option down: Shreve, Goody.

*Recall: Cessa, Yates, Bleier (injury replacement)

**Then opt one of them to bring Green back to start in Severino's spot.

**Transfer Mueller to 60 day DL, promote Enns to start in Eovaldi's spot.

Watch this.

• mosc says:

Cessa's going to start, that seems clear. They can bring back Green or Severino on the injury replacement to get another starter. That gives them the most options to work with. Bleier offers length but it wouldn't surprise me now that he's down there again that they go instead to J.R. Graham or James Pazos.

3. buckeyeballs says:

love to see enns but I think he's on innings count. The green/severino shuuttle is getting ridiculous. Just let them both start 10 games the rest of the way and lets see what we have instead of one bad outing and you lose your spot. We are not passing 5 teams to get to the wild card. Seen enough of Eovaldi, TJ surgery will open up spots for young arms next year and then hes a free agent

• mosc says:

I agree. Enns hopefully gets a 40-man roster spot after the season but I don't think they want to run up his innings in the majors. He's 40 innings over his previous professional high set back in 2013. They've stretched out his time between starts lately and started pulling him pretty early. August 3rd they pulled him after 5 innings and 86 pitches after giving up all of 1 hit and 0 runs.

4. hotdog says:

it wouldn’t be good for the Yankees or obviously Eovaldi if the elbow needs surgery but the upside may be that Greene and/or Severino get to stay in the big leagues…and if Eovaldi’s elbow has been a concern for some time, it might be best that he deal with it now and come back without having to worry about it from game to game, assuming he does…

5. mosc says:

I think Eovaldi's elbow is done. Probably for good. Tommy John surjuries are great and all but this is what happens about 6 years later. If a guy needs one in his mid to late 20s, he can still have a nice career ahead of him. If he needs one as a teenager, he's not going to last in the big leagues. I can't name a successful starter who's pitching today on his second Tommy John surgery.

And this should be a warning to those that wanted Strasburg so badly or to those drooling at Harvey.

Jarrod Parker, Kris Medlen, Brandon Beachy, Daniel Hudson, Cory Luebke, all of those guys by their current age SHOULD be starting but aren't… due to failure after TJ#2.

• mosc says:

Do I think he'll mount a 2018 comeback as a 28 year old reliever? Yes. And he might even be good at it. He's got more velocity at his peak than the other guys listed. But starting? He'd done.

6. Thank you for updating the information. Hope to see more updates from you.
    instagram travel