Waiting for the MVP announcement

About Rob Abruzzese

Rob Abruzzese created Bronx Baseball Daily in 2008 just before graduating from Brooklyn College. He currently serves BBD as its editor and works as a reporter at the Brooklyn Daily Eagle. Follow Rob on Twitter @RobAbruzzese.

This entry was posted in Video and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Waiting for the MVP announcement

1. Jerry says:

Yesterday Michael Kay said, according to a credible source, the MVP will be Aaron Judge. We'll see, I hope it is, but certainly have no problem with Altuve winning. Monster talent and a class act.

2. Jerry says:

It's Altuve, so much for the credible source.

3. Bronx Bomber22 says:

Idk Jerry I've seen some of your comments in multiple posts and I have to say you and I wouldn't see eye to eye. Anything that comes out of Michael Kay's mouth is garbage. Hope they pick a manager soon so you can Nunzio can go bat s**t crazy over the pick. Prolly won't be LeBron James…….

4. Jerry says:

And likewise I've seen yours. And we don't need to see eye to eye on everything. You're a Yankee fan, so there is some modicum of respect already earned. I'm a passionate fan who loves the Yankees, and enjoys the banter. I'm throwing my hat in the ring for Yankee manager and if selected I'm going to hire you.

5. Steve S. says:

Altuve winning was not unexpected. He deserved it. Takes nothing away from the year Judge had. I question the margin of Altuve's victory though. Strange.

6. Jack says:

Every baseball talk show and newspaper baseball articles all talk about stats. I read an article in the N.Y. Post that listed ten stats which were the following. 1 avg. Judge .284 Altuve .346 advantage Altuve. 2 Obp Judge 422 Altuve 410 advantage Judge 3 spg Judge 627 Altuve 547 advantage9 Judge 4 ops Judge 1.049 Altuve 957 advantage Judge 5 HR Judge 52 Altuve 24 advantage Judge 6 RBI Judge 114 Altuve 81 advantage Judge 7 runs Judge 128 Altuve 112 advantage Judge 8 SB Judge 9 Altuve 32 advantage Altuve 9 Ops+ Judge 171 Altuve 164 advantage Judge 10 WAR Judge 8.1 Altuve 8.3 advantage Altuve. Totals Judge 7 Altuve 3 advantage Judge Of course there are other stats such as walks strikeouts which Judge led. Also defensive stats were dry even. I guess what I am confused about If we base these awards on stats it appears Judge should have been the MVP .

7. Jerry says:

And even WAR is confusing. It depends on what group puts the war stats together, they are not exact science and different results from different groups lead to different war results. And in some Judge had the better WAR. I would exclude war and the results are Judge 7, Altuve 2.

8. Jerry says:

Clearly though it's not stats alone they vote on. Either player was worthy of the award however. I mean I would have voted for Judge, but it is what it is.

• Jack says:

I think these voters, just vote for who they prefer and clearly don't use stats. These saber metrics people with all there stats still can't get it right. Baseball has always been based on stats but As they say everything is now a gray area. I too would have voted for Judge

9. tom says:

I honestly thought it was a close split but oh boy how the hell did it happen?

10. Steve S. says:

I think Judge disappearing for a month and a half killed him. He totally went in the tank. I was embarrassed for him. If his slump wasn't so protracted he would have won.