Yankees new manager rumors: Rob Thompson and John Flaherty are candidates

We’re still in the speculation stage of this process with so many candidates that it’s hard to narrow it down to the realistic possibilities at this point. Rob Thomson certainly has familiarity with the organization so he could be a potential fit. John Flaherty and David Cone have put their names out there too, but it’s hard to say if they are realistic options. My guess is that Coney, with his history of wild partying, will not get the job…it would be fun though.

About Rob Abruzzese

Rob Abruzzese created Bronx Baseball Daily in 2008 just before graduating from Brooklyn College. He currently serves BBD as its editor and works as a reporter at the Brooklyn Daily Eagle. Follow Rob on Twitter @RobAbruzzese.
This entry was posted in Yankees Rumors and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Yankees new manager rumors: Rob Thompson and John Flaherty are candidates

1. Ron says:

David Cone gets it about baseball.He would be a good choice.

2. Kevin says:

It doesn't matter about coneys wild partying. That was then this is now. Dusty baker was a wild party man too and he has done a good job managing. Yeah he hasn't won a world series by his team's have always been in the playoffs. I would hire cone especially since he was a pitcher he knows how to handle pitching. As long as you get excellent coaches and a very good bench coach he will succeed.

3. Lester says:

I say Tony Pena. He has always been loyal, especially when he didn't get the job when Giradi got picked. Mattingly got pissed and bolted to the Dodgers but Pena said he would still stay and coach. Plus he managed and can be an asset with Sanchez!

4. Nunzio says:

The Yankees know what they need on a manager but I guess Cashman never knew that Girardi could not manage younger players….. says something about Cashman in what he did not know for ten years…… I think that the Yankees could be better served by a complete sweep of the front office , Cashman included.

• Jerry says:

I hear what you're saying, talk about lack of communication. Between Cashman and Girardi. Did Cashman ever communicate to Joe about his lack of relating to the younger players. Why do I think, NOT!! And I love Flaherty and Cone, but I want some type of experience. I'm leaning towards Ausmus.

• Bronx Bomber22 says:

He's one of the best GM's in baseball. If he was let go teams would call him to interview in less than an hour. That's why the Yankees aren't letting him go. Who's Girardi interviewing with? Get with the program guys………..

5. Ollie says:

Rob Thompson would be the best choice to manage the Yanks. He's Canadian!

6. Jerry says:

I'm suggesting anyone that can breathe could be the next Yankees manager. How bout Tommy Lasorda? I'm also a big fan of Paul McCartney. It's become a real joke, this search by the Yankees to select this perfect manager. What about LeBron James, the King jerk. It's just crazy all the possibilities. Couldn't they have been a little more subtle.