Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
What we’re talking about
- Headley re-signed to 4-year, $52 million deal
- Drew re-signed to 1-year, $5 million deal
- Capuano re-signed to 1-year, $5 million deal
- Young re-signed to 1-year, $2.5 million deal
- Andrew Miller signed to 4-year, $36 million deal
- SS Didi Gregorius acquired in 3-team trade
- Prado and Phelps traded for Eovaldi and Jones
- Cervelli traded to Pirates for LHP Wilson
- Banuelos traded to Atlanta for 2 relievers
- Kelley traded to San Diego for relief prospect
- Germen's contract purchased from Mets
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Brandon McCarthy Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Brian McCann Carlos Beltran CC Sabathia Chase Headley Chase Whitley Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hiroki Kuroda Ichiro Suzuki Ivan Nova Jacoby Ellsbury Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Masahiro Tanaka Michael Pineda New York Yankees Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Robinson Cano Russell Martin Shawn Kelley Stephen Drew Vidal Nuno
Author Archives: Greg Corcoran
The Yankees don’t have much in terms of promising shortstops at the upper levels, but they have more at the lower levels than I can ever remember in the past. This young group is extremely promising, and has tools galore. Only time will tell who will sink or swim amongst this group. 1. Jorge Mateo – ...
With the emergence of Robert Refsnyder, the second base crop had a major boost this season, but that was just the beginning. Jose Pirela had a career year and Ty McFarland emerged as a great second baseman at 10th round value. Junior Valera came over from the DSL and performed well, and Bryan Cuevas hit ...
The catching landscape has certainly changed in the Yankees' minor leagues. They don't have quite the same depth, but there's still a lot of promise at the top. The depth for the major league team is really good. They have Cervelli as the back up, and JR Murphy and Romine behind him. All are serviceable ...
1. Greg Bird – 6-foot-3, 215-pounds, LHB, 1B, 21 – He’s already hitting well in Double-A at the age of just 21, and he’s hitting for power too. He’s one of the best first base prospects in the minors right now. He’s OPSing at .848 this year despite missing significant time. His numbers are right ...
There’s about a month left in the season, and there are quite a few players who are poised to finish strong, which is a good sign for next season. This is the longest list yet, which shows there are a ton of players performing well over the past couple of weeks. Starting from Triple-A and working ...
If the top 50 had included rookies, or players who have had some time in the major leagues and have since been sent down, many wonder where they would have ranked on the Bronx Baseball Daily top 50 Yankees prospects. Here’s how it breaks down. 1. Masahiro Tanaka – Hopefully the injury isn’t too serious. He’s an ...
After making the 2014 top 50 prospect list this season I had a few names in mind who were either close to making the list and just got edged off, or are talented enough that they could easily be on this list by the end of the year. Here are 20 guys who could easily ...
This season the post draft top 50 prospects is no different than any other year. The only difference is that the Yankees acquired far more talent in the international free agent (IFA) market this year than in the draft. Unfortunately we do not have enough information on the new IFA signings to include them in ...