Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
What we’re talking about
- Headley re-signed to 4-year, $52 million deal
- Drew re-signed to 1-year, $5 million deal
- Capuano re-signed to 1-year, $5 million deal
- Young re-signed to 1-year, $2.5 million deal
- Andrew Miller signed to 4-year, $36 million deal
- SS Didi Gregorius acquired in 3-team trade
- Prado and Phelps traded for Eovaldi and Jones
- Cervelli traded to Pirates for LHP Wilson
- Banuelos traded to Atlanta for 2 relievers
- Kelley traded to San Diego for relief prospect
- Germen's contract purchased from Mets
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfonso Soriano Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Brandon McCarthy Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Brian McCann Carlos Beltran CC Sabathia Chase Headley Chase Whitley Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hiroki Kuroda Ichiro Suzuki Ivan Nova Jacoby Ellsbury Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Masahiro Tanaka Michael Pineda New York Yankees Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Robinson Cano Russell Martin Shawn Kelley Vidal Nuno
Author Archives: Mark Panuthos
Last September, the Rays staged a miracle comeback versus the Yankees. Down 7-0 in the 7th inning, Evan Longoria homered off Cory Wade to cap a six run 7th inning. Dan Johnson, who was batting .108, then connected for a homerun in the 9th to tie it. In the 12th, just as Boston blew a ...
Andy Pettitte’s “un-retirement” has caused much consternation, and not just among certain other pitchers who were, until recently, struggling for a starting rotation spot. Just think of the other teams in the American League East – against all of whom Pettitte holds winning records. He was dominant versus the Rays (16-6), Red Sox (18-10), and ...
To put it gently, Phil Hughes “struggled” in 2011. He showed up to spring training overweight and out of shape, so much so, as a matter of fact, that the usually laconic Joe Girardi noted to New York Times reporter David Waldstein, “There's a concern … It does question where their mindset is. You know, ‘where’s ...