Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
What we’re talking about
- Keith Law puts two Yankees in his “Top 100 prospect list” on
- Brian Cashman still views Stephen Drew as a starter on
- Rumors: Yankees Offered Twins Nova & Pena for Liriano on
- Yankees Release 2007 1st Round Draft Pick Andrew Brackman on
- What to expect from CC Sabathia on
- Chipper: That’s why Melky is not in Atlanta anymore on
- Headley re-signed to 4-year, $52 million deal
- Drew re-signed to 1-year, $5 million deal
- Capuano re-signed to 1-year, $5 million deal
- Young re-signed to 1-year, $2.5 million deal
- Andrew Miller signed to 4-year, $36 million deal
- SS Didi Gregorius acquired in 3-team trade
- Prado and Phelps traded for Eovaldi and Jones
- Cervelli traded to Pirates for LHP Wilson
- Banuelos traded to Atlanta for 2 relievers
- Kelley traded to San Diego for relief prospect
- Germen's contract purchased from Mets
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfonso Soriano Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Brandon McCarthy Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Brian McCann Carlos Beltran CC Sabathia Chase Headley Chase Whitley Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hiroki Kuroda Ichiro Suzuki Ivan Nova Jacoby Ellsbury Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Masahiro Tanaka Michael Pineda New York Yankees Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Robinson Cano Russell Martin Shawn Kelley Vidal Nuno
Author Archives: Nick Fleder
Phil Hughes doesn’t like Yankee Stadium. It’s short fences aren’t fit for his league leading 48.1% fly-ball rate, and it bites him with home run after home run. Him and Yankee Stadium were never meant to be friends. Each of them have little invested in the success of the other; Yankee Stadium doesn’t help Hughes ...
It’s a partly cloudy day in late June – hot out for a 7:05 game – and the Yankees had mounted a 3-1 lead over the Chicago White Sox. The big-bucks pack in the middle of the order, Mark Teixeira, Robinson Cano, and Alex Rodriguez, had done their jobs, setting up the supposed top-flight bullpen ...
So, about that pitching duel… C.C. Sabathia wasn’t very sharp with his pitches, and R.A. Dickey wasn’t very sharp with his command… There were 19 hits in what seemed to be billed as the duel of the year… There were five errors, two big home runs, and a combined Game Score of 82 for the ...
4.50 Ivan Nova’s home ERA in his 146 innings in Yankee Stadium. 3.50 Ivan Nova’s road ERA, on the other hand, in 139 road innings over his career. 2 Solo home runs allowed by Ivan Nova in the first inning of Game 5 of the 2011 ALDS, a home start. 2 Number of runs the Yankees lost to the ...
It’s pretty much predestination that the Yankees are buyers at each and every trade deadline, due to a mix of their high payroll, scrutinizing press, and general success in the AL East. Generally, the real question is: “What are they trying to buy?” It’s pretty crystal clear this year that a starting pitcher is their ...
Time for some fun graphs, folks. What might this graph tell us? Quite a lot (none of which, remember, tells the whole story). From glancing, you might come to some or all of these conclusions: The Yankees suck with runners in scoring position as a function of their low batting average. The Yankees don’t only suck with runners ...
You don’t need me to repeat it, but I will anyway: Hiroki Kuroda’s been an utter disappointment thus far, pitching at the replacement level, losing his control, and serving up long balls like it’s nobody’s business. And while eight innings of shutout ball against the Oakland Athletics last night may turn some heads, Kuroda’s still ...
“’At the end of the day,’ said one Yankee source told Bob Raissman of the NY Daily News, ‘people listen to the games because they want to listen to the Yankees. Media guys rip John. (The Yankee hierarchy) don’t care. You don’t love him, but they know their fans do.’” Apparently, the Yankee brass is set ...