Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
What we’re talking about
- Headley re-signed to 4-year, $52 million deal
- Drew re-signed to 1-year, $5 million deal
- Capuano re-signed to 1-year, $5 million deal
- Young re-signed to 1-year, $2.5 million deal
- Andrew Miller signed to 4-year, $36 million deal
- SS Didi Gregorius acquired in 3-team trade
- Prado and Phelps traded for Eovaldi and Jones
- Cervelli traded to Pirates for LHP Wilson
- Banuelos traded to Atlanta for 2 relievers
- Kelley traded to San Diego for relief prospect
- Germen's contract purchased from Mets
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfonso Soriano Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Brandon McCarthy Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Brian McCann Carlos Beltran CC Sabathia Chase Headley Chase Whitley Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hiroki Kuroda Ichiro Suzuki Ivan Nova Jacoby Ellsbury Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Masahiro Tanaka Michael Pineda New York Yankees Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Robinson Cano Russell Martin Shawn Kelley Vidal Nuno
Category Archives: 2012 MLB Draft
1. Greg Bird – 6-foot-3, 215-pounds, LHB, 1B, 21 – He’s already hitting well in Double-A at the age of just 21, and he’s hitting for power too. He’s one of the best first base prospects in the minors right now. He’s OPSing at .848 this year despite missing significant time. His numbers are right ...
Tonight I was bored so I did a quick "where are they now?" of the unsigned 2010-2012 draft picks. By and large, the guys who went unsigned are either still out of baseball or have since been drafted by another team and haven't done anything impressive so far. There are six exceptions to that. Let me ...
The Basics: Name: Peter O'Brien Position: C, 3B Handedness: Bats and throws right handed Age: 22 Draft: 2nd round in the 2012 MLB draft. Size: 6-foot-3, 215-pounds Best Tool: Power BBDP Rank: 15 Video Drafted out of the University of Miami in the second round, expectations were high for Peter O'Brien going into the 2012 season. O'Brien didn't quite live up to expectations his first ...
The Basics: Name: Dietrich Enns Position: SP Handedness: Lefty Age: 22 Draft: 2012, 19th round out of Central Michigan University Size: 6-foot-1, 195-pounds Best Tool: Sinker BBDP Rank: unranked Twitter: @DietrichEnns If I told you the Yankees had a left handed pitcher in their system who just this year struck out 112 batters in 82.2 innings, and had a 2.94 ERA, would you believe me? ...
Below is a list of all of the players the Yankees have signed over the past six years (with the exception of 2013 because it means nothing so far). In parenthesis is the round they were drafted in and the highest level they played at this season. A few things strike me about this list. First ...
Update: All draft picks have to be signed by today, July 13, at 5:00 p.m. EST except for college seniors. Update: The Yankees have officially locked up 2nd round pick Peter O'Brien to a below slot deal which saved them some money for their 18th round pick, Brady Lail, who signed for $225K. Ty Hensley and Robert Refsnyder are ...
With the second to last pick of the draft, the Yankees 39th round pick, they selected Sherman Lacrus, a 5-foot-11, 185-pound outfielder out of Western Oklahoma State Junior College. Sherman, 18, is coming off a very good year at JUCO. In 39 games he hit .373/.476/.695/1.171 with nine homers. He's not just an outfield as he ...
With their 39th round pick of the 2012 MLB First-Year Player draft, the Yankees selected Bo Decker, a 6-foot-3, 190-pound outfielder out of East Ridge High School in Florida. This 19-year-old pitches and plays the outfield and is said to be an exceptional athlete who plays good defense. He had the second highest batting average in the ...