Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
What we’re talking about
- Headley re-signed to 4-year, $52 million deal
- Drew re-signed to 1-year, $5 million deal
- Capuano re-signed to 1-year, $5 million deal
- Young re-signed to 1-year, $2.5 million deal
- Andrew Miller signed to 4-year, $36 million deal
- SS Didi Gregorius acquired in 3-team trade
- Prado and Phelps traded for Eovaldi and Jones
- Cervelli traded to Pirates for LHP Wilson
- Banuelos traded to Atlanta for 2 relievers
- Kelley traded to San Diego for relief prospect
- Germen's contract purchased from Mets
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfonso Soriano Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Brandon McCarthy Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Brian McCann Carlos Beltran CC Sabathia Chase Headley Chase Whitley Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hiroki Kuroda Ichiro Suzuki Ivan Nova Jacoby Ellsbury Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Masahiro Tanaka Michael Pineda New York Yankees Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Robinson Cano Russell Martin Shawn Kelley Vidal Nuno
Category Archives: Down on the Farm
This was a big year for homegrown Yankees pitchers. Adam Warren cemented himself as a late inning reliever, and Dellin Betances broke out as a potential future closer and one of the best relievers in the league. Vidal Nuno was included in a trade for McCarthy, who was huge for the Yankees in the second ...
It’s been a big year for Yankees minor league outfielders. Tyler Austin finally turned it around, Aaron Judge emerged as a force, and Jake Cave became a household name for prospect enthusiasts. As with any year, there were some regressions, and a few guys who increased their stock. Overall the outfield is becoming a deep ...
After reviewing the third base prospects in this system, it appears this isn’t the strongest position for the Yankees’ farm. That could change rather quickly, as the international free agent crop from this year contains a few big name third basemen, but for now the pickings are slim. There is still strength at the top ...
The Yankees don’t have much in terms of promising shortstops at the upper levels, but they have more at the lower levels than I can ever remember in the past. This young group is extremely promising, and has tools galore. Only time will tell who will sink or swim amongst this group. 1. Jorge Mateo – ...
1. Greg Bird – 6-foot-3, 215-pounds, LHB, 1B, 21 – He’s already hitting well in Double-A at the age of just 21, and he’s hitting for power too. He’s one of the best first base prospects in the minors right now. He’s OPSing at .848 this year despite missing significant time. His numbers are right ...
There’s about a month left in the season, and there are quite a few players who are poised to finish strong, which is a good sign for next season. This is the longest list yet, which shows there are a ton of players performing well over the past couple of weeks. Starting from Triple-A and working ...
If the top 50 had included rookies, or players who have had some time in the major leagues and have since been sent down, many wonder where they would have ranked on the Bronx Baseball Daily top 50 Yankees prospects. Here’s how it breaks down. 1. Masahiro Tanaka – Hopefully the injury isn’t too serious. He’s an ...
After making the 2014 top 50 prospect list this season I had a few names in mind who were either close to making the list and just got edged off, or are talented enough that they could easily be on this list by the end of the year. Here are 20 guys who could easily ...