Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
What we’re talking about
- Rumor: Yankees interested in Mike Napoli on
- A-Rod Speaks for 1st time since surgery announcement on
- Spring Training Notes: Gregorius, Rodriguez and Sabathia on
- Jacoby Ellsbury optimistic he’ll be ready for Opening Day on
- Alex Rodriguez set to play first base tomorrow on
- Yankees Minor League Pitching Coach has WS Ring Stolen on
- Headley re-signed to 4-year, $52 million deal
- Drew re-signed to 1-year, $5 million deal
- Capuano re-signed to 1-year, $5 million deal
- Young re-signed to 1-year, $2.5 million deal
- Andrew Miller signed to 4-year, $36 million deal
- SS Didi Gregorius acquired in 3-team trade
- Prado and Phelps traded for Eovaldi and Jones
- Cervelli traded to Pirates for LHP Wilson
- Banuelos traded to Atlanta for 2 relievers
- Kelley traded to San Diego for relief prospect
- Germen's contract purchased from Mets
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfonso Soriano Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Brandon McCarthy Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Brian McCann Carlos Beltran CC Sabathia Chase Headley Chase Whitley Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hiroki Kuroda Ichiro Suzuki Ivan Nova Jacoby Ellsbury Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Masahiro Tanaka Michael Pineda New York Yankees Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Robinson Cano Russell Martin Shawn Kelley Vidal Nuno
Category Archives: Quote
Rafael Soriano is expected to reject the Yankees qualifying offer later today, but it doesn't sound as if Yankees GM Brian Cashman is in a big rush to replace him aside from re-signing Mariano Rivera. "I do like what we have," Cashman told Wallace Matthews of ESPNNewYork.com. "I think Joba (Chamberlain) is going to be really ...
CC Sabathia is so important to the Yankees that it is hard to imagine them having much of a chance to do anything in 2013 without him. That's why the coaching staff has discussed the idea of limiting his innings next season to protect his elbow which had surgery earlier this offseason. “I don’t know what ...
We've been over this a few times, but people keep asking about it so here it is one more time -- Brian Cashman confirming that he has not shopped Alex Rodriguez around and nobody has called to talk trades for him either. “I’ve already been on record right after the postseason, we’re not trading Alex,” Yankees ...
David Phelps filled many jobs for the Yankees this year -- he was a starter, a long reliever, and at times a short reliever too, but despite his ability to wear many hats they still see him as a starter going forward. “I don’t pencil him in anywhere right now, but I think he’s best as ...
Andy Pettitte still hasn't made a decision as to whether he'll play next year or retire, but Brian Cashman is very hopeful that he'll return and thinks that it will happen. “I talked to Andy a few days after we got eliminated,” Cashman told Chad Jennings of the Journal News. “In that conversation, he was going ...
This is not exactly news, but the Yankees have officially reached out to the agent of free agent catcher Russell Martin and expressed interest in the defensive minded catcher, according to Anthony McCarron of the NY Daily News. “We’ve had some initial conversations and they’ve expressed interest in bringing him back, but nothing substantial to date ...
The Yankees couldn't have been more happy with the season Hiroki Kuroda had for them this year and have extended him a $13.3 million qualifying offer to bring him back. Hopefully he'll take it, but there is a chance the Dodgers could get involved and then there is Japan to worry about too. “I think he ...
Yankees ace CC Sabathia spent time on the DL two different times this year and still threw 200 innings because that's what he does -- he's a horse who throws a ton of innings. That may be taking a toll on him though as he experienced elbow troubles for the first time in his career this ...