Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
Most Recent News
- Yankees walking a fine line between good and bad
- Opening Day Roste; Rapada DFA'd
- Lyle Overbay signed | Juan Rivera released
- Yankees trade for Vernon Wells, will pay $13M
- Chien-Ming Wang signs minor league deal
- David Aardsma DFA'd | Sam Demel claimed
- Injury updates: Jeter | A-Rod | Teixeira | Granderson | Hughes | Pineda | Cabral
- MiLB previews: Charleston (Low-A) | Tampa (High-A) | Trenton (Double-A) | Scranton (Triple-A)
What we’re talking about
- ching ming wang on Yankees lose Cervelli and Nova but still beat Jays 6-4
- Rob Abruzzese on Yankees scrapping austerity budget
- MWhite on BBDP Exclusive Interview with Greg Bird
- gcorcoran on Yankees scrapping austerity budget
- Rob Abruzzese on Yankees lose Cervelli and Nova but still beat Jays 6-4
- hotdog on Yankees lose Cervelli and Nova but still beat Jays 6-4
Support BBD & buy Yankees tickets
Must read links
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
Ask us a question
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfredo Aceves Andrew Brackman Andruw Jones Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Boone Logan Brett Gardner Brian Cashman CC Sabathia Chad Gaudin Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Eric Chavez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hideki Matsui Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Marcus Thames Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Michael Pineda Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Raul Ibanez Robinson Cano Russell Martin Sergio Mitre
Tag Archives: Aaron Laffey
The Yankees went into this offseason without a lot of holes in the roster. The entire lineup was expected to return, except for Jorge Posada who was expected to be replaced by Jesus Montero. Of course Montero got traded. After all, the Yankees had a few free agents, none of them were major though, and most ...
The Yankees first couple of moves this offseason are of the minor variety as they have lost three relievers. One, Aaron Laffey was claimed off waivers by the Royals (link) and the other two, Scott Proctor and Raul Valdes, simply elected to become free agents (link). Proctor came back to the Yankees this season after the ...
UPDATE: The other roster move to make space for both Proctor and Montero was for the Yankees to place outfielder Justin Maxwell on the 60-day DL, according to Chad Jennings. Players on the 60-day DL don't count toward the 40-man roster. ORIGINAL POST: So the Yankees will be getting six more players today in the form ...
As most of you have probably noticed, the site wasn't updated regularly this past weekend while I was off with my friends celebrating my own birthday. Over the three years of the site this has become somewhat of a regular thing. I typically never miss much in the middle of April, but this time around ...