Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
Most Recent News
- Yankees walking a fine line between good and bad
- Opening Day Roste; Rapada DFA'd
- Lyle Overbay signed | Juan Rivera released
- Yankees trade for Vernon Wells, will pay $13M
- Chien-Ming Wang signs minor league deal
- David Aardsma DFA'd | Sam Demel claimed
- Injury updates: Jeter | A-Rod | Teixeira | Granderson | Hughes | Pineda | Cabral
- MiLB previews: Charleston (Low-A) | Tampa (High-A) | Trenton (Double-A) | Scranton (Triple-A)
What we’re talking about
- Spencer on Sweet Swingin’ Cervelli: How Francisco Cervelli is keying the new-look Yankees offense
- Rob Abruzzese on Elite Yankees prospect Mason Williams arrested on DUI charges
- John Barrow on Elite Yankees prospect Mason Williams arrested on DUI charges
- gcorcoran on Sweet Swingin’ Cervelli: How Francisco Cervelli is keying the new-look Yankees offense
- Mike Baker on BBDP Exclusive Interview with Greg Bird
- gcorcoran on BBDP Exclusive Interview with Greg Bird
Support BBD & buy Yankees tickets
Must read links
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
Ask us a question
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfredo Aceves Andrew Brackman Andruw Jones Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Boone Logan Brett Gardner Brian Cashman CC Sabathia Chad Gaudin Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Eric Chavez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hideki Matsui Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Marcus Thames Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Michael Pineda Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Raul Ibanez Robinson Cano Russell Martin Sergio Mitre
Tag Archives: Carlos Pena
With less than a week to go until the Texas Rangers visit Minute Maid Park on Sunday, March 31 to play the Houston Astros, the 2013 MLB season will be underway shortly. The Rangers will be sending lefty Matt Harrison to the hill, while right-hander Bud Norris will start for the Astros in the team’s ...
The Yankees lost to Robinson Cano, Vidal Nuno and Team Dominican Republic 8-2 yesterday. That, of course, was secondary news to Mark Teixeira's injury. • The Yankees will look for first AND third basemen to try to replace Teixeira. • Travis Hafner is not an option. • Jon Heyman suggested Michael Cuddyer, Justin Morneau, Carlos Pena, Casey Kotchman, Greg Dobbs, Carlos Lee, ...
Yankees manager Joe Girardi didn't waste any time in pissing off his detractors yesterday when he ordered an intentional walk of Sean Rodriguez, a lifetime .230 hitter, with first base open to load the bases and pitch to Carlos Pena, with a career .487 slugging percentage. The move backfired as Pena hit a grand slam ...
CC Sabathia wasn't sharp and Mariano Rivera blew the game in the 9th as the Yankees lost to the Rays 7-6 on Opening Day in Tampa to start the season 0-1. QUESTIONABLE CALL: The Rays scored four runs in a big 1st inning when manager Joe Girardi called for an intentional walk of Sean Rodriguez to pitch ...
One of the Yankees better DH options came off the board today as Carlos Pena signed with the Tampa Rays, according to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports. The Yankees did have talks with him, but those talks were initiated by Pena's agent as they never appeared to be seriously interested in him. Pena's numbers look bad ...
Another option to fill the Yankees open DH spot is Carlos Pena, who said on MLB Network Radio's Home Plate program that he has been in touch with the Yankees and that he will continue to evaluate his options. I discussed the possibility of using Pena in a DH platoon and I like the idea, but ...
The Yankees made two big moves Friday night dealing Jesus Montero to the Mariners for Michael Pineda and then they signed Hiroki Kuroda. Now they have to replace their DH and as Jon Heyman of CBS Sports suggested, Carlos Pena could be their man. Pena, 33, was actually in the Yankees system at one point and ...
Yesterday afternoon the Yankees were awarded a claim on Cubs first baseman Carlos Pena. Unfortunately for the Yankees who could use some DH help and a backup first baseman, the Cubs were not interested in trading him. Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports reported yesterday that the Cubs didn't like the offers they got for Pena ...