Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
Most Recent News
- Yankees walking a fine line between good and bad
- Opening Day Roste; Rapada DFA'd
- Lyle Overbay signed | Juan Rivera released
- Yankees trade for Vernon Wells, will pay $13M
- Chien-Ming Wang signs minor league deal
- David Aardsma DFA'd | Sam Demel claimed
- Injury updates: Jeter | A-Rod | Teixeira | Granderson | Hughes | Pineda | Cabral
- MiLB previews: Charleston (Low-A) | Tampa (High-A) | Trenton (Double-A) | Scranton (Triple-A)
What we’re talking about
- Spencer on Sweet Swingin’ Cervelli: How Francisco Cervelli is keying the new-look Yankees offense
- Rob Abruzzese on Elite Yankees prospect Mason Williams arrested on DUI charges
- John Barrow on Elite Yankees prospect Mason Williams arrested on DUI charges
- gcorcoran on Sweet Swingin’ Cervelli: How Francisco Cervelli is keying the new-look Yankees offense
- Mike Baker on BBDP Exclusive Interview with Greg Bird
- gcorcoran on BBDP Exclusive Interview with Greg Bird
Support BBD & buy Yankees tickets
Must read links
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
Ask us a question
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfredo Aceves Andrew Brackman Andruw Jones Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Boone Logan Brett Gardner Brian Cashman CC Sabathia Chad Gaudin Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Eric Chavez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hideki Matsui Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Marcus Thames Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Michael Pineda Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Raul Ibanez Robinson Cano Russell Martin Sergio Mitre
Tag Archives: Chan Ho Park
A hard-throwing righty, Kevin Whelan began his professional career in the Detroit Tigers organization. Drafted in the fourth round of the 2005 draft, the Texas A & M product and college catcher was sent to the Yankees with pitchers Anthony Claggett and Humberto Sanchez in exchange for outfielder Gary Sheffield. Whelan spent much of 2007 ...
According to Jack Curry and Sam Borden, the Yankees have traded reliever Edwar Ramirez to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations. Ramirez was designated for assignment when the club signed right-hander Chan Ho Park last week. Ramirez, 28, posted a 5.73 ERA and a uncharacteristic 1.22 K/BB ration in 22 innings for the Yankees before a ...
Here is a photo of Chan Ho Park, who arrived in camp yesterday after his one-year $1.2 million contract was finally made official. He also spoke with reporters about becoming a Yankee even though he had a better offer from the Phillies and also had an offer from the Washington Nationals. Here are some quotes from his ...
2009: The Korean-born Chan Ho Park opened the 2009 season as a member of the Philadelphia Phillies starting rotation, but was relegated to bullpen duty after recording a 7.50 ERA during his first eight appearances. Like many other pitchers that move from the rotation to the pen, Park encountered a spike in fastball velocity; this ...
According to Joel Sherman of the NY Post, pitcher Chan Ho Park, who recently signed a one-year deal with the Yankees, is set to take his physical today and could report to camp as early as tomorrow. Once the deal is official, the Yankees will have to make room for him on the 40-man roster, which ...
Although their names had been linked in the days prior to the Yankees' signing of Chan Ho Park, I was a little surprised to see that they actually completed a deal. What can the Yankees expect out of Chan Ho Park as a reliever? Can he be used in a set-up role? Was this entire article ...
Let's start with this: Chan Ho Park isn't a particularly good pitcher. At the tail end of his time with the Dodgers, Park was an above average starter, but as soon as he signed with the Rangers as a free agent his career was marred with injury and ineffectiveness. However, in the past 2 seasons, ...
According to Thomas Harding of MLB.com, the Yankees have signed free agent reliever Chan Ho Park who most recently pitched against the Bombes for the Phillies in the World Series to a one-year $1.2 million contract. Incentives could make the deal worth an additional $300,000. Apparently Park made the announcement at 1:00am eastern time at his ...