Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
Most Recent News
- Yankees walking a fine line between good and bad
- Opening Day Roste; Rapada DFA'd
- Lyle Overbay signed | Juan Rivera released
- Yankees trade for Vernon Wells, will pay $13M
- Chien-Ming Wang signs minor league deal
- David Aardsma DFA'd | Sam Demel claimed
- Injury updates: Jeter | A-Rod | Teixeira | Granderson | Hughes | Pineda | Cabral
- MiLB previews: Charleston (Low-A) | Tampa (High-A) | Trenton (Double-A) | Scranton (Triple-A)
What we’re talking about
- Al Simmons on Current Yankees team hoping for some of that 96 Magic
- notafelony on Elite Yankees prospect Mason Williams arrested on DUI charges
- Albert Clay on Sherman: Yankees have $8-$10 million to spend on 2014 payroll
- mikefoxtrot on Yankees finish off first four-game sweep of Jays since 1995
- brian on Current Yankees team hoping for some of that 96 Magic
- Rob Abruzzese on Current Yankees team hoping for some of that 96 Magic
Support BBD & buy Yankees tickets
Must read links
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
Ask us a question
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfredo Aceves Andrew Brackman Andruw Jones Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Boone Logan Brett Gardner Brian Cashman CC Sabathia Chad Gaudin Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Eric Chavez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hideki Matsui Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Marcus Thames Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Michael Pineda Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Raul Ibanez Robinson Cano Russell Martin Sergio Mitre
Tag Archives: David Price
How about the mug on Joba Chamberlain? He's uglier than Kevin Youkilis now. • Phil Hughes has a bulging disc in his back so it'll probably be two weeks instead of one he misses. • David Price says he would never sign with the Yankees because of their beard policy. • Based on speculation, it appears the Yankees may give up ...
The BBWAA didn't agree with me and instead picked Rays pitcher David Price for the American League Cy Young Award and it picked Mets knuckleballer, the first in history, R.A. Dickey for the National League Cy Young. Price did have a great season. He lead the AL with a 2.56 ERA and had a 8.7 K/9 ...
Unlike the American League MVP race, the Cy Young race is a bit more up in the air. Justin Verlander lead with a 6.8 WAR, but Felix Hernandez was right behind him and David Price had a better ERA. Jered Weaver also needs to be considered as he finished with a sub-3.00 ERA and won 20 games. Those ...
There was a lot of debate leading up to this because of his win-loss record, but Felix Hernandez of the Seattle Mariners ultimately took home the American League Cy Young Award. David Price of the Tampa Bay Rays took second and our own CC Sabathia came in third place. Hernandez had the worst record ...
Today's Baseball Bloggers Alliance ballot is for our version of the Pitcher of the Year Award, the Walter Johnson Award. The Award is named after Johnson who was one of the most dominating pitchers in baseball history while playing for the Washington Senators and later managing both the Senators and Cleveland Indians from 1907 until 1927. ...
So the Yankees took yesterday and today off and won't begin working out to prepare for the ALCS until tomorrow which is also when they will find out who their opponent is. The Rays and the Rangers are currently tied at two games apiece and wrap up their series tomorrow night. Here are some notes: That was ...
For years the measure of a really good pitcher was how many wins he was able to rack up. Last season though something happened, Zack Greinke of the Royals won the Cy Young award despite only racking up 16 wins. CC Sabathia currently leads the American League with 16 wins and has been the ...
via Wikipedia: The Black Aces is a book written by former Major League pitcher James "Mudcat" Grant about the only African American pitchers who have won at least 20 Major League Baseball games in a single season. For some reason I have always found the idea of the Black Aces to be very cool and ever since ...