Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
Most Recent News
- Yankees walking a fine line between good and bad
- Opening Day Roste; Rapada DFA'd
- Lyle Overbay signed | Juan Rivera released
- Yankees trade for Vernon Wells, will pay $13M
- Chien-Ming Wang signs minor league deal
- David Aardsma DFA'd | Sam Demel claimed
- Injury updates: Jeter | A-Rod | Teixeira | Granderson | Hughes | Pineda | Cabral
- MiLB previews: Charleston (Low-A) | Tampa (High-A) | Trenton (Double-A) | Scranton (Triple-A)
What we’re talking about
- mikefoxtrot on Yankees lose 2-0 to the Rockies thanks to terrible lineup
- furuno gps on Francisco Cervelli suffers whiplash in Venezuela
- mikefoxtrot on When are the Yankees injured players coming back?
- Tanned Tom on Looking at how the Yankees have done position by position
- Rob Abruzzese on BBDP May 5th: Zoilo and Musty homer, Betances see saws again
- Joe on BBDP May 5th: Zoilo and Musty homer, Betances see saws again
Support BBD & buy Yankees tickets
Must read links
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
Ask us a question
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfredo Aceves Andrew Brackman Andruw Jones Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Boone Logan Brett Gardner Brian Cashman CC Sabathia Chad Gaudin Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Eric Chavez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hideki Matsui Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Marcus Thames Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Michael Pineda Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Raul Ibanez Robinson Cano Russell Martin Sergio Mitre
Tag Archives: Freddy Guzman
All right so maybe outfielder/pinch runner Freddy Guzman didn’t even play in the World Series, but he did play in the ALCS and will get a ring sometime next year. Now he and pitcher Josh Towers were removed from the Yankees 40-man roster and are now free agents, according to Chad Jennings of the Journal ...
As I suggested yesterday, Eric Hinske was added to the Yankees World Series roster to be an extra bat off of the bench. He is taking the spot of the fast Freddy Guzman who really serves no purpose on the Yankees. Frankly, I’ll be surprised if Freddy Guzman ever plays a meaningful game for the ...
According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the Yankees have added outfielder Eric Hinske and right handed pitcher Brian Bruney to their World Series roster and have removed outfielder Freddy Guzman and catcher Francisco Cervelli to make room for them. Bruney is a ticking timebomb in the bullpen. It seems that these moves signal the ...
Corner infielder and outfielder Eric Hinske was taken off the ALCS roster in favor of the speedy Freddy Guzman, who was used for pinch running purposes. In the World Series, however, this should be reversed. Guzman really has no purpose in the World Series, as he is a “one skill player”, in that he’s only got ...
Joe Girardi has just announced that Freddy Guzman, the speedster added to Triple-A in September, will replace Eric Hinske on the ALCS roster. Some say that Guzman was added to counter the Angels’ running threat. I disagree with the move. Hinske didn’t even get an at bat in the ALDS. He was a ...
So I’ve done this twice already, but the Yankees have not set the roster and choosing 25 players the team would be comfortable with is a real dynamic issue that changes with every big performance and every cut and bruise. Francisco Cervelli adds a level of flexibility to the Yankees post season roster. Since we last looked ...
In the beginning of the month I took a look at the possible playoff roster, but now with the Yankees clinching the playoffs, East, and best record let’s take another look to see what has changed. Yankees manager Joe Girardi has some tough roster decisions (Getty). Let’s start by looking position to position and evaluating who is ...
According to Peter Abraham of the Journal News, the Yankees have promoted outfielder Freddy Guzman to the majors and assigned pitcher Ian Kennedy to triple-A Scranton. In order to make room for Guzman on the 40-man roster the Yankees have designated Anthony Claggett for assignment and he’ll now have to clear waivers to remain under the ...