Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
What we’re talking about
- Rumors: Yankees Offered Twins Nova & Pena for Liriano on
- Yankees Release 2007 1st Round Draft Pick Andrew Brackman on
- What to expect from CC Sabathia on
- Chipper: That’s why Melky is not in Atlanta anymore on
- Top 10 DSL players likely heading stateside on
- Brian Cashman still views Stephen Drew as a starter on
- Headley re-signed to 4-year, $52 million deal
- Drew re-signed to 1-year, $5 million deal
- Capuano re-signed to 1-year, $5 million deal
- Young re-signed to 1-year, $2.5 million deal
- Andrew Miller signed to 4-year, $36 million deal
- SS Didi Gregorius acquired in 3-team trade
- Prado and Phelps traded for Eovaldi and Jones
- Cervelli traded to Pirates for LHP Wilson
- Banuelos traded to Atlanta for 2 relievers
- Kelley traded to San Diego for relief prospect
- Germen's contract purchased from Mets
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfonso Soriano Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Brandon McCarthy Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Brian McCann Carlos Beltran CC Sabathia Chase Headley Chase Whitley Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hiroki Kuroda Ichiro Suzuki Ivan Nova Jacoby Ellsbury Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Masahiro Tanaka Michael Pineda New York Yankees Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Robinson Cano Russell Martin Shawn Kelley Vidal Nuno
Tag Archives: Hideki Okajima
Left handed reliever Hideki Okajima, who was signed on a minor league contract, won't ever put on the Pinstripes after he failed his physical, voiding his contract, according to David Waldstein of the NY Times. Okajima was an instant success after coming over from Japan, putting up a 2.72 ERA, a 8.3 K/9, and a 2.9 ...
They Yankees announced their list of non-roster 27 players who are on minor league contracts and will be invited to spring training, via Mike Ashmore. Those 27 players plus everyone on the 40-man roster means that there will be 67 players in spring training. The most notable among these are Bill Hall and Russell Branyan because ...
The Yankees planned to add another lefty to their bullpen this offseason and they have, somewhat. They picked up minor leaguer Cesar Cabral in the Rule 5 draft and signed Red Sox cast-off Hideki Okajima. The won't be adding Darren Oliver though as the lefty veteran has agreed to a deal with the Toronto Blue Jays, ...
The Yankees have signed former Red Sox lefty reliever Hideki Okajima to a minor league deal and plan to invite him to spring training, according to David Waldstein of the NY Times. Okajima, 36, initially had a lot of success in America, putting up a combined 2.40 ERA with a 1.061 WHIP, a 8.5 K/9, and ...
When the Red Sox designated their lefty reliever Hideki Okajima for assignment last week I wondered if the Yankees would take a chance on signing him as they have had a lack of quality left handed pitching this season, but that will not be the case. According to Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe, Okajima ...
In one of the more maddening moves this past offseason, the Red Sox poached Yankees reliever Alfredo Aceves. Now the Yankees have a chance to pay them back by signing recently DFA'd left handed reliever Hideki Okajima and they should jump at the chance. First thing is first, there was a reason the Red ...