Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
Most Recent News
- Yankees walking a fine line between good and bad
- Opening Day Roste; Rapada DFA'd
- Lyle Overbay signed | Juan Rivera released
- Yankees trade for Vernon Wells, will pay $13M
- Chien-Ming Wang signs minor league deal
- David Aardsma DFA'd | Sam Demel claimed
- Injury updates: Jeter | A-Rod | Teixeira | Granderson | Hughes | Pineda | Cabral
- MiLB previews: Charleston (Low-A) | Tampa (High-A) | Trenton (Double-A) | Scranton (Triple-A)
What we’re talking about
- Matt_DC on BBDP May 5th: Zoilo and Musty homer, Betances see saws again
- Mike Baker on BBDP May 5th: Zoilo and Musty homer, Betances see saws again
- Mike Baker on Yankees call up Preston Claiborne to replace Joba in the bullpen
- gcorcoran on Yankees call up Preston Claiborne to replace Joba in the bullpen
- mjinco on Yankees put Joba Chamberlain on the DL with an oblique strain, and other injury updates
- Rob Abruzzese on Yankees put Joba Chamberlain on the DL with an oblique strain, and other injury updates
Support BBD & buy Yankees tickets
Must read links
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
Ask us a question
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfredo Aceves Andrew Brackman Andruw Jones Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Boone Logan Brett Gardner Brian Cashman CC Sabathia Chad Gaudin Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Eric Chavez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hideki Matsui Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Marcus Thames Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Michael Pineda Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Raul Ibanez Robinson Cano Russell Martin Sergio Mitre
Tag Archives: Ian Kennedy
Ian Kennedy was once as highly touted a prospect as Phil Hughes and Joba Chamberlain, but injuries derailed his 2009 season and he was left off the ride as the Yankees went on to win the World Series, but he has been making up for lost time pitching in the Arizona Fall League and as ...
Ian Kennedy returned yesterday in the 8th inning versus the Angels. It was anything but an easy inning, as Kennedy loaded the bases with an HBP and two walks. Kennedy also recorded a strikeout. The result was ultimately positive as he allowed no runs, recording the final out on a pop up to Freddy Guzman. ...
After throwing three perfect innings in his last outing in Triple-A, Ian Kennedy has been called up to finish the remainder of the season with the Yankees. “This is crazy,” Kennedy said. “I didn’t dream of this happening. After not pitching all year, this seemed crazy. When he called me and told me it was ...
According to Tyler Kepner of the NY Times, Yankees right handed pitcher Ian Kennedy could be joining the Yankees after making two successful minor league starts including three perfect innings for the Scranton Yankees while recovering from aneurysm surgery. “Juan Miranda on roster, sounds kik(sp),” Kepner tweeted. “Sounds like Ian Kennedy to follow soon. (sorry)” Kennedy’s first ...
Ian Kennedy continued his great return from aneurysm surgery last night as he pitched three perfect innings for the Scranton Yankees. Over three innings he allowed no hits, no walks, and stuck out six. He needed just 46 pitches to get it done and of those 28 were strikes. It was the first time Kennedy pitched ...
According to Peter Abraham of the Journal News, the Yankees have promoted outfielder Freddy Guzman to the majors and assigned pitcher Ian Kennedy to triple-A Scranton. In order to make room for Guzman on the 40-man roster the Yankees have designated Anthony Claggett for assignment and he’ll now have to clear waivers to remain under the ...
Ian Kennedy pitched in a game for the first time since being diagnosed with an aneurysm earlier this year. He pitched well, going two innings, allowing just one hit, walking no one, striking out one, and inducing five ground balls in a winning effort for the Tampa Yankees in the Florida State League playoffs. We all know ...