Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
Most Recent News
- Yankees walking a fine line between good and bad
- Opening Day Roste; Rapada DFA'd
- Lyle Overbay signed | Juan Rivera released
- Yankees trade for Vernon Wells, will pay $13M
- Chien-Ming Wang signs minor league deal
- David Aardsma DFA'd | Sam Demel claimed
- Injury updates: Jeter | A-Rod | Teixeira | Granderson | Hughes | Pineda | Cabral
- MiLB previews: Charleston (Low-A) | Tampa (High-A) | Trenton (Double-A) | Scranton (Triple-A)
What we’re talking about
- Rob Abruzzese on Yankees finish off first four-game sweep of Jays since 1995
- Elizabeth Finn on Current Yankees team hoping for some of that 96 Magic
- Al Simmons on Current Yankees team hoping for some of that 96 Magic
- notafelony on Elite Yankees prospect Mason Williams arrested on DUI charges
- Albert Clay on Sherman: Yankees have $8-$10 million to spend on 2014 payroll
- mikefoxtrot on Yankees finish off first four-game sweep of Jays since 1995
Support BBD & buy Yankees tickets
Must read links
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
Ask us a question
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfredo Aceves Andrew Brackman Andruw Jones Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Boone Logan Brett Gardner Brian Cashman CC Sabathia Chad Gaudin Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Eric Chavez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hideki Matsui Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Marcus Thames Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Michael Pineda Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Raul Ibanez Robinson Cano Russell Martin Sergio Mitre
Tag Archives: Joe Mauer
Via Joe Brescia of the NY Times: “Too big. Not quick enough. I heard everything under the sun,” Joe Mauer said about the same criticisms he received that Jesus Montero is receiving now. “My advice to him is try and learn as much as you can,” Mauer said. “He’s lucky he has Jorge Posada, ...
Today we unveil the last Baseball Bloggers Alliance ballot, this time it is the Stan Musial Award given to the best hitter in the league. Naming the award after Musial makes sense as he was one of the best hitters in baseball history. A 20-time All-Star and a three-time MVP, Musial finished his career with 3,630 ...
Now, you may be thinking it's more than a stretch to see the Yankees trading for any big name players this season, especially Joe Mauer. However, the possibility of seeing Mauer in pinstripes isn't as unlikely as you might think. Reality: Mauer is coming off his MVP season and with the Twins entering brand new Target ...
Probably for the past year or two fans have been looking toward the 2010/11 offseason when Minnesota Twins catcher Joe Mauer would become a free agent. Some salavated over the possibility of adding Mauer, some cringed at the possible price tag, a few Yankees fans shrugged it off. The fans in the final group didn't shrug ...
The 2009 AL Most Valuable Player Award is being announced today at 2 p.m. Anthony DiComo of MLB.com wrote an article yesterday that implied Derek Jeter has the best chance to win the award besides the heavy favorite Joe Mauer. That surprised me, as I have thought all along that Mark Teixeira has the best ...
Before Mark Teixeira ended the game in the bottom of the 11th, the Minnesota Twins had a golden opportunity stolen away from when left field umpire Phil Cuzzi cost Joe Mauer a lead-off double as he called a clearly fair ball foul. Melky just missed a fair ball that was incorrectly ruled foul. “The left field umpire ...
I’m entering this as further evidence that Joe Mauer and not Mark Teixeira, I don’t enjoy writing this, should be the 2009 AL MVP. In this video Mauer is on second base after a double and is clearly stealing signs from the Tiger’s catcher and relaying them to Minnesota’s Jason Kubel. This video does kind of ...