Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
Most Recent News
- Yankees walking a fine line between good and bad
- Opening Day Roste; Rapada DFA'd
- Lyle Overbay signed | Juan Rivera released
- Yankees trade for Vernon Wells, will pay $13M
- Chien-Ming Wang signs minor league deal
- David Aardsma DFA'd | Sam Demel claimed
- Injury updates: Jeter | A-Rod | Teixeira | Granderson | Hughes | Pineda | Cabral
- MiLB previews: Charleston (Low-A) | Tampa (High-A) | Trenton (Double-A) | Scranton (Triple-A)
What we’re talking about
- Mike Baker on BBDP May 5th: Zoilo and Musty homer, Betances see saws again
- Dexter Bosque on Yankee Stadium will be among the first to test MLB’s new replay system
- Mike Baker on Yankees call up Preston Claiborne to replace Joba in the bullpen
- gcorcoran on Yankees call up Preston Claiborne to replace Joba in the bullpen
- mjinco on Yankees put Joba Chamberlain on the DL with an oblique strain, and other injury updates
- Rob Abruzzese on Yankees put Joba Chamberlain on the DL with an oblique strain, and other injury updates
Support BBD & buy Yankees tickets
Must read links
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
Ask us a question
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfredo Aceves Andrew Brackman Andruw Jones Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Boone Logan Brett Gardner Brian Cashman CC Sabathia Chad Gaudin Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Eric Chavez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hideki Matsui Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Marcus Thames Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Michael Pineda Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Raul Ibanez Robinson Cano Russell Martin Sergio Mitre
Tag Archives: John Sterling
The Yankees announced that they will stick with WCBS-880 AM, John Sterling, and Suzyn Waldman for another year, according to the NY Daily News. The Yankees have been going year-to-year with them for a couple of years now instead of signing a longer-term deal as ESPN radio has been trying to get the rights away from ...
“’At the end of the day,’ said one Yankee source told Bob Raissman of the NY Daily News, ‘people listen to the games because they want to listen to the Yankees. Media guys rip John. (The Yankee hierarchy) don’t care. You don’t love him, but they know their fans do.’” Apparently, the Yankee brass is set ...
The Yankees agreement with WCBS was ending this year which many thought would lead to the end of John Sterling's tenure as their radio announcer. However, the two sides reached a deal that will keep Sterling and his companera, Suzyn Waldman, in the both for at least one more year. I'm not a huge fan of ...
Via Bob Raissman of the NY Daily News: Is the curtain falling on Ma and Pa Pinstripe? Will next season be John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman's last in the Yankees radio booth? Right now their future is up in the air. The Yankees contract with WCBS-AM, worth about $12 million per year, expires at the end of ...
A John Sterling home run call. Fans can start getting used to hearing the name “Curtis Granderson,” because if he stays with the Yankees until the end of his contract, he won’t be gone until 2012 at the earliest. So I ask you, what’s the call? Rebecca over at This Purist Bleeds Pinstripes has already posted a few ideas being ...