Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
Most Recent News
- Yankees walking a fine line between good and bad
- Opening Day Roste; Rapada DFA'd
- Lyle Overbay signed | Juan Rivera released
- Yankees trade for Vernon Wells, will pay $13M
- Chien-Ming Wang signs minor league deal
- David Aardsma DFA'd | Sam Demel claimed
- Injury updates: Jeter | A-Rod | Teixeira | Granderson | Hughes | Pineda | Cabral
- MiLB previews: Charleston (Low-A) | Tampa (High-A) | Trenton (Double-A) | Scranton (Triple-A)
What we’re talking about
- Rob Abruzzese on Yankees put Joba Chamberlain on the DL with an oblique strain, and other injury updates
- mjinco on Yankees put Joba Chamberlain on the DL with an oblique strain, and other injury updates
- Rene Stewart on BBDP Exclusive Interview with Greg Bird
- Rob Abruzzese on Yankees take the series from the Astros, trade for Chris Nelson
- Mike Baker on Yankees take the series from the Astros, trade for Chris Nelson
- Corethree on Yankees take the series from the Astros, trade for Chris Nelson
Support BBD & buy Yankees tickets
Must read links
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
Ask us a question
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfredo Aceves Andrew Brackman Andruw Jones Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Boone Logan Brett Gardner Brian Cashman CC Sabathia Chad Gaudin Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Eric Chavez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hideki Matsui Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Marcus Thames Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Michael Pineda Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Raul Ibanez Robinson Cano Russell Martin Sergio Mitre
Tag Archives: Mike Rivera
We saw this one coming since the Yankees announced that they signed catcher Chad Moeller to a minor league deal. The Yankees have released catcher Mike Rivera who served as major league insurance and was expected to be the back up to top prospect Jesus Montero in Triple-A Scranton according to Chad Jennings of the ...
Due to injuries the Yankees have signed journeyman catcher Chad Moeller and infielder/catcher Robby Hammock to minor league contracts according to Chad Jennings of the Journal News. They are both expected to start the season in Triple-A Scranton. Moeller, who played with the Yankees in 2008, was just released by the Baltimore Orioles two days ago. ...
The Yankees have been pretty lucky as far as injuries are concerned in that nothing major has happened, but that doesn't mean that a few of the players haven't been banged up quite a bit. Jorge Posada is out today after waking up with a stiff neck. No word yet if he'll be back tomorrow. Francisco Cervelli ...
Now a 33-year-old journeyman catcher, Mike Rivera was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the Detroit Tigers in 1997. He made his major league debut with those Tigers on September 18, 2001 getting into four games. In 2002 he spent the bulk of his playing time in triple-A, but also played 39 days ...
According to Jon Paul Morosi's Twitter account, the Yankees signed C Mike Rivera to a minor league deal (h/t MLBTradeRumors.com). Rivera, 33, has spent seven seasons in the Major Leagues. He was with the Tigers (2001-02), Padres (2003), and the Brewers (2006-09). Rivera spent last season as the back-up catcher to Jason Kendall, and hit .228/.326/.342 ...