Proud Affiliate of the YES Network
Most Recent News
- Yankees walking a fine line between good and bad
- Opening Day Roste; Rapada DFA'd
- Lyle Overbay signed | Juan Rivera released
- Yankees trade for Vernon Wells, will pay $13M
- Chien-Ming Wang signs minor league deal
- David Aardsma DFA'd | Sam Demel claimed
- Injury updates: Jeter | A-Rod | Teixeira | Granderson | Hughes | Pineda | Cabral
- MiLB previews: Charleston (Low-A) | Tampa (High-A) | Trenton (Double-A) | Scranton (Triple-A)
What we’re talking about
- Rob Abruzzese on Yankees put Joba Chamberlain on the DL with an oblique strain, and other injury updates
- mjinco on Yankees put Joba Chamberlain on the DL with an oblique strain, and other injury updates
- Rene Stewart on BBDP Exclusive Interview with Greg Bird
- Rob Abruzzese on Yankees take the series from the Astros, trade for Chris Nelson
- Mike Baker on Yankees take the series from the Astros, trade for Chris Nelson
- Corethree on Yankees take the series from the Astros, trade for Chris Nelson
Support BBD & buy Yankees tickets
Must read links
Support BBD and buy Yankees gear
Ask us a question
TagsAdam Warren AJ Burnett Alex Rodriguez Alfredo Aceves Andrew Brackman Andruw Jones Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Boone Logan Brett Gardner Brian Cashman CC Sabathia Chad Gaudin Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Phelps David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Eduardo Nunez Eric Chavez Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Hideki Matsui Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Marcus Thames Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Michael Pineda Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Rafael Soriano Raul Ibanez Robinson Cano Russell Martin Sergio Mitre
Tag Archives: Tony Pena
Yankees bench coach Tony Pena interviewed with the Red Sox for their managerial opening yesterday, according to George King of the NY Post and former Yankee Jason Giambi interviewed with the Rockies for their open position, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post. Pena formerly managed the Royals from 2002 through 2005 and won the ...
Via Marc Carig of The Star Ledger: Girardi on WFAN says he doesn't expect more changes on staff, though they are all up contract wise: "I wouldn't necessarily think so." All of the coaches are technically free agents, this news just means that the Yankees will offer them all contracts. It is possible that they ...
Via MLB.com: Having previous big league managing experience will be a plus for those under consideration to manage the Marlins in 2011. Meeting the criteria is Tony Pena. Currently the Yankees bench coach, Pena spent parts of four seasons (2002-05) managing the Royals. In 2003, he was named the American League Manager of the Year. Internally, the ...
Similar to an Anthony McCarron article in the Daily News that prompted a piece I wrote a couple weeks ago about Yankees catching prospect Jesus Montero, Ben Shpigel of The New York Times wrote his own good profile of the young catching phenom yesterday that is worth a look. In it, Yankees GM Brian Cashman ...